Living in Asia means living in a simple and vibrant atmosphere. Most of the times, Asians are quoted as peace loving people who give more importance to harmony with nature. If you too are planning to decorate your home in this way, here are some handy tips that will be helpful.
- Color Scheme– most of the Asian homes decorating ideas carry a very subtle and light color scheme that matches with the environment. Yellow and pale yellow are very dominant hues along with brown and green. You would hardly fine a white wall in an Asian house. Therefore, make sure that all the colors you use are existent in nature. This will make you house look great.
- Wood- Although making an all-wood house may not be a very appealing idea to people living in certain areas, it is essential that you incorporate wooden furniture, wooden decorative items etc. This makes the home look very artsy and comfortable.
- Decor– You can use wind chimes, paper lamps, candles, tea lights to decorate your home. You can even use some wall hangings that carry paintings of the specific Asian nation whose style you wish to adopt. The ‘Enlightened Buddha’ and the ‘Laughing Buddha’ are some statues that you may want to keep in your house and are essential in any Asian home decorating ideas.
- Curtains and Bed sheets– Keep it floral and natural. There are hardly any geometric patterns in Asian curtains. There will be more curves and bends rather than straight lines that criss-cross each other. Although checks are not a complete no-no, you should better stick to the natural designs.
- Design- There must not be an element of clutter or chaos in the house. Use minimalist furniture and even straw mats for seating. Give the room as open space as possible. This is one of the completely Asian home decorating ideas. We are normally habitual of keeping huge leather sofas and lots of other items in the living room itself. Asian housing does not incorporate this method. Therefore, you need a lot of space.
- Focus on nature– If your room gets ample sunlight in the morning and afternoon; install some glass doors in the same direction. Don’t use too bright lights and also keep in mind that the more nature-harmonious your room, the better. There may be a beautiful garden in your backyard. Keep the doors open or install a vinyl or Chinese straw blinds so keep in touch with the greens.