Finding a recipe that lowers your cholesterol is fairly easy. In this article we will go over some of the best ingredients that can lower cholesterol. The first ingredient you can use in a cholesterol lowering recipe is garlic. Garlic is a great ingredient that lowers cholesterol quite well. It is also good at preventing blood from getting sticky and this makes clots less likely to occur. The compound that is in garlic, called allicin, is known for these properties as well as the odor of the garlic. Garlic has been shown to lower cholesterol by about nine percent when you consume 11/2 to 3 cloves of garlic a day between two to six months. To get the most out of the garlic you are going to have to crush it, chop it or bruise it to release the beneficial compounds. Try putting it on bread when you’re having spaghetti, or put it in lasagna. There are a lot of different recipes that call for garlic and it is a great way to lower cholesterol. One such recipe is a garlic prime rib. To make this you’re going to need a 10 pound prime rib roast, 10 cloves of garlic that are minced, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of salt, two teaspoons of ground black pepper and 2 teaspoons of thyme that is dried. Once you have gotten all of these ingredients you’re going to want to do these things.
- Put the roast in a pan for roasting with the side that’s fatty facing upwards. Get a small bowl and mix the garlic, salt, thyme, pepper and olive oil together. Rub this mixture onto the fatty layer of the roast. Let the roast sit there until it reaches room temperature. Don’t leave it sitting out for more than an hour.
- Get your oven preheated to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the roast in the oven and bake it for 20 minutes at the preheated temperature, then reduce that temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep the roast in the oven for 60 to 75 more minutes. When you check the internet temperature, the roast should be 145 degrees if you want it medium rare.
- Let the roast sit for around 10 to 15 minutes before carving it so that the meat can keep all of its juices.
- This is a fantastic dish that has gotten rave reviews online, and will give you a nice serving of garlic that your cholesterol will benefit from.