Scientific calculators are widely used in colleges by students to solve various mathematical problems including basic physics, finance, and any other calculations which require dimensional analysis. The best scientific calculators are designed to fulfill the student’s needs and are easy and comfortable to use. Although there is a difference between these calculators, they are all designed to meet and exceed the typical college student’s needs. It is imperative for students to ensure that the scientific calculator of choice has the features that meet or their needs before making a purchase. Scientific calculators are available in bookstores, variety stores, supply stores, or price point retailers. Here is a comprehensive list of top 10 best scientific calculators for college students.
- 1 The 10 Best Scientific Calculators of 2022
- 1.1 10. TI 303 MultiView Scientific Calculator
- 1.2 9. Casio FX 115MS Scientific Calculator
- 1.3 8. Texas Instruments TI 36 Pro Scientific Calculator
- 1.4 7. Texas Instruments Voyage 200 Scientific Calculator
- 1.5 6. HP 35s Scientific Calculator
- 1.6 5. HP 50g Graphing Scientific Calculator
- 1.7 4. Sharp Engineering/Scientific Calculator (EL-W516XBSL)
- 1.8 3. Texas Instruments TI 30Xa Scientific Calculator
- 1.9 2. Texas Instruments TI 83 Plus Graphing Calculator
- 1.10 1. Texas Instruments TI 84 Plus Graphing Calculator
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 Out Top Picks
The 10 Best Scientific Calculators of 2022
10. TI 303 MultiView Scientific Calculator
- 2-line display, Fraction calculations, Integration calculations, Combination and Permutation
- Base-n calculations / conversions, Logical operations, Complex number calculations, CALC memory, Engineering symbol calculations, 9 variable memories, Comes with slide-on hard case
- Statistics(STAT-data editor, Standard deviation, Normal distribution calculations, Regression analysis)
This inexpensive calculator is a hot favorite with college students and goes right into the top ten scientific calculators list going by the number of positive reviews that it has attracted. The TI 303 MultiView has 88 character support in addition to a 10+2 normal display. Apart from the general appearance which is conventional this calculator also comes with pre-installed applications and a relatively high-speed processor. It is imperative to mention that it does not support textbox display but that’s nothing major considering that it supports up to 23 levels of digressions and has a myriad of inbuilt functions.
9. Casio FX 115MS Scientific Calculator
- High Quality and Durable SOLAR,HARD CASE
- Portable Design
- Energy Star Certified
This scientific calculator comes with nearly 280 functions, a natural textbox display, and can solve linear equations. Although it’s a battery-powered calculator, it can use solar when situations allow. The FX 115MS is hard to beat and possesses incredible aesthetics. It also comes with a large 2-line display and is capable of complex number calculation. It is the fraction fun feature that makes it possible to solve Algebra with this calculator. However, this calculator does not support RPN (Reverse Polish Notation), but that does not change the fact this fully engineered and reasonably cheap calculator is a great buy for college students.
8. Texas Instruments TI 36 Pro Scientific Calculator
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
Not only is this calculator ideal for college students but also for middle school students. The Texas Instruments TI 36 is specifically made to solve basic algebra and college calculus. It has a MultiView display which allows for multiple calculations simultaneously on the same screen. The MathPrint feature shows math expressions, stacked fractions, and symbols exactly the same way they appear in textbooks. The TI 36 has the capability to convert fractions and decimals into other representations. This calculator is solar-powered; therefore the student doesn’t have to worry about the use of batteries which makes this the calculator to buy if you don’t require graphing functions.
7. Texas Instruments Voyage 200 Scientific Calculator
- Flash technology allows electronic upgradability for future Handheld Software Applications
- Memory: 188K bytes of RAM, 2.5 MB of user available FLASH ROM
- Intuitive icon desktop for easy navigation and organization of Handheld Software Applications
- QWERTY keyboard for typing
- Large easy-to-ready 128 x 240 pixel LCD
This is one of the most coveted Texas Instruments products. The calculator features a QWERTY keyboard for easy typing in addition to a large LCD screen. The Texas Instruments 200 calculator is astonishingly customizable, allowing its users to solve even the most complicated mathematical problems. As if that is not enough, this calculator has a slot that accepts StudyCards thereby letting students turn the calculator into a flashcard device for history, foreign language and English classes and also comes with pre-installed applications including Geometer’s Sketchpad. For any student who wants a high-quality calculator that can solve just about any mathematical problem, this is the calculator to buy.
6. HP 35s Scientific Calculator
- Engineering, Surveying, Science, Medicine, Display type: LCD
- Adjustable contrast with 2 lines x 14 characters + indicators, 14 character dot matrix (5 x 7)
- SAT Reasoning Test; SAT Subject Tests in Mathematics Level 1 and Level 2; ACT; PSAT/NMSQT; AP Chemistry/Physics; PLAN; EXPLORE
- Dimensions (W X D X H): 3.23 x 0.72 x 6.22 Inch. Warranty: 1 year warranty (may vary by region)
- Built-in functions: Over 100, Memory registers: 800, Memory: 30 KB, Power: 2 x CR2032 batteries; battery life: 0.73 year @ 1 hr/day (approximately 9 months)
Close to 85% of the HP 35s Scientific Calculator users highly recommend saying they were pleased with its performance. Compared to most scientific calculators, this calculator has fewer features and is reasonably cheap. Besides the price, the other reason that makes this calculator popular with college students is the sleek and simple appearance not to mention that it is relatively easy to use. This calculator has over one hundred functions and over eight hundred storage registers. It also has provisions for fractions, supports 2-line, and has a 14 character display. If your college class does not require graphing, then this is the calculator you need to purchase.
5. HP 50g Graphing Scientific Calculator
- New display upgrade--the new HP 50g display features a 30% increase in usable space over the HP 49g+
- New powerful SD card slot allows you to format your card right in the calculator and expand memory
- Massive 2.5 MB total memory--512 KB RAM plus 2 MB flash ROM for performing future upgrades**
- New larger equation library and 2300+ built-in functions--ideal for both professionals and students
- The choice of efficient RPN, Textbook or Algebraic data entry
This calculator which is mainly used by college students for Algebraic and Textbook data entry has a large bright display, a feature that is not common among scientific calculators. It has vector operations capabilities, graphic, statistical and electronic specifications. The HP 50g carries a quality that is associated with Hewlett and Packard products and has been touted as the most powerful calculator with standard RPN input. This calculator offers versatility to students as it comes with a powerful SD slot with means an expanded memory. The huge 2.5 MB total memory and more the 2300 inbuilt functions make the HP 50g ideal for engineering students and professionals alike. Although the calculator is relatively new in the market, it is slowly gaining ground and has so far attracted positive reviews from most of its users.
4. Sharp Engineering/Scientific Calculator (EL-W516XBSL)
- Scientific calculator with 556 different scientific functions
- Extra large 4-Line, 16-digit LCD display screen
- Write View Technology displays formulas as they are written in textbooks
- Modes: Normal, Stat, Drill, Complex, Matrix, List, Equation; Ability to solve three simultaneous equations
- Four programmable keys for quick use of user desired functions
Coming with a myriad of features, this is a reasonably cheap scientific calculator and ideal for college students taking finance or other accounts-related courses. The Sharp EL W516XBSL has more than five hundred programs in addition to keys that can be manually programmed. It also has an LCD display screen, an extra-large 4 line display, and shows condensed characters in textbook form. Other features include Normal, Stat, Drill, Matrix, and Equation modes and can solve up to three simultaneous equations. Most college students who have used this calculator before giving positive reviews meaning it is not a bad buy by any standards.
3. Texas Instruments TI 30Xa Scientific Calculator
- Sold as 1 Each.
- Performs basic scientific and trigonometric functions. Ideal for general math, pre-algebra, algebra 1 and 2, trigonometry and biology.
- Features conversions and fraction calculations.
- Calculator works from one LR44/76A battery. Calculator has hard plastic body, color-coded keys, and snap-on protective hard case.
- Has built-in memory for three variables. 1-year manufacturer limited warranty.
This calculator is, like the name suggests is a basic machine. The Texas Instruments TI 30Xa is one of the most sought after scientific calculators by college students if the sale volumes are anything to go by a factor attributed to its reasonable price. It can perform logarithms, reciprocals, factorials, root, powers and trigonometric functions. It can also divide fractions entered in both traditional numerator and denominator format. It is also capable of rectangular and polar conversions. The 1-variable statistics show results for standard and mean deviation. In a nut shell this calculator is cheap in comparison to the many scientific calculators and has more than the basic features that an average college student may need.
2. Texas Instruments TI 83 Plus Graphing Calculator
- Permitted for use on SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, ACT, AP, IB and Praxis exams
- Offers large 64 x 96 pixel, 8 x 16 display; 24KB of RAM; and 160KB Flash ROM memory
- Also graphs 3 recursively-defined sequences; TVM, cash flows, amortization, and complex numbers
- Enhanced data analysis (logistic and sine regressions); offers I/O port with unit-to-unit link cable
- Powered by 4 AAA batteries (included) and a lithium battery backup to protect RAM memory
Before the TI 84 was launched into the market, this calculator used to be the dominant calculator in the scientific calculators market. It is easy to see the reason behind this. The Texas Instruments TI 83 is the absolute calculator for college students as it typically meets nearly every need that they may have. It handles calculus, trigonometry, engineering, and financial functions and can display graphs and tables on a split-screen. The large 64×96 LCD screen has a high resolution for a readable and clearer display. As a matter of fact, this calculator is at times the most advanced scientific calculator that is permitted in most exams. Make no mistake; this calculator is still popular with college-going students and a considerable number of students prefer it to any other version of Texas scientific calculators’ models.
1. Texas Instruments TI 84 Plus Graphing Calculator
- Real and complex numbers calculated to 14-digit accuracy and displayed with 10 digits plus a 2-digit exponent. Graphs 10 rectangular functions, 6 parametric expressions, 6 polar expressions, and 3 recursively-defined sequences. Up to 10 graphing functions defined, saved, graphed, and analyzed at one time.
- Sequence graphing mode shows time series plot, cobweb/stair-step plot, and phase plots. User-defined list names. Lists store up to 999 elements. 14 interactive zoom features. Numeric evaluations given in table format for all graphing modes.
- Interactive analysis of function values, roots, maximums, minimums, integrals, and derivatives. 7 different graph styles for differentiating the look of each graph drawn. Horizontal and vertical split- screen options. Stores up to 10 - 50x50 matrices.
- Matrix operations including inverse, determinant, transpose, augment, reduced row echelon form, and elementary row operations. Convert matrices to lists and vice-versa. List-based one- and two-variable statistical analysis, including logistic, sinusoidal, median-median, linear, logarithmic, exponential, power, quadratic polynomial, cubic polynomial, and quartic polynomial regression models.
- 3 statistical plot definitions for scatter plots, xy-line plots, histograms, regular and modified box-and-whisker plots, and normal probability plots. Advanced statistics features including 9 hypothesis testing functions, 6 confidence interval functions, and one-way analysis of variance..Features: 200+ functions, multi-line display
This calculator has been known as the best calculator ever made and going by a number of positive reviews from its users on the internet. It comes complete with USB technology making it possible to share files with a network of computers, laptops, iPods, or other scientific calculators. It is also laced with twelve pre-installed applications and offers users a chance to add any other TI 84 applications. The Texas Instruments TI 84 Plus Graphing Calculator is ideal for students in fields such as finance, accounting, engineering, Computer science, and any other subjects that may require advanced calculations. Though this calculator is not solar powered like most scientific calculators, it takes AAA batteries and comes with a silver oxide backup battery, and also comes with a one-year warranty.
If you are in the market for a scientific calculator, take some time to read our reviews. We have scoured the marketplace and found 10 of the best calculators on offer in 202 that should suit your needs. Whether you need one with an integrated scan or one that is compatible with Android devices, we’ve got it covered. Feel free to contact us if you need any additional information about these products before making a purchase decision-our team of experts will be more than happy to help! And don’t forget to share this post with friends who might also benefit from our guide – let’s make sure everyone has access to this valuable resource! What features does your favorite calculator have? Let us know in the comments section below!
Visit our homepage to see more products: TOP 10 BEST REVIEWS