Venetian blinds are very aesthetic and convenient to use in your home since it will not provide you the a headache in cleaning it. But there are still people who find it difficult to clean Venetian blinds because do not have the right knowledge and better idea on how they will clean it. It is very important to clean wooden Venetian blinds and provide them necessary care because it helps to protect them from being damaged.
To help you have better ideas in cleaning your wooden Venetian blinds, here are the things you can consider:
- Check your blind to see if there are some stains or spots in their area.
- You can remove the stain by simply rubbing it with the paper towel to the affected area. In case you find it difficult to clean, then the use of wood cleaner will be your best option. This will help you remove the stains and make your blinds looks clean again.
- You can also use the wood clear together with a soft cloth and wipe off smoothly the stain.
- From light cleaning of wood Venetian blind, it is recommended to close your blinds to make its surface flat. In this process, you can use the dust feather, wool duster or microfiber. If you consider dusting, you can opt for the use of brushing it downward. However, if you have the vacuum cleaner in your home, you can also use it but ensure that you only attach the soft brush to prevent damaging your blinds.
- For you to have better cleaning of your wooden blinds, you can clean it up by wiping its slat through the use of the paper towel or soft dry. Or you can wear a cotton cloves to run your fingers in every slat. Aside from this, you can also rub it with a fabric softener sheet to remove all the dirt and reduce the buildup of the static electricity that has the potential to attract some dirt.
- Another alternative way you can do is that you can dip soft paint brush to a soft fabric softener then wipe it all over the slats.
- Now that you are done with the one side of your slat, you can now twist or rotate the rod to turn the slat for you to clean its other side. You can repeat the cleaning process you apply on its other side.
On the other hand, if your blinds are too dirty for you to clean, then it is the right time for you to spray it with oil soap then wipe it down to make it look shiny and clean. Likewise, you can use the dilute wood cleaner to make it appear shiny in every seat.
In addition, you can use the mixture of olive oil together with warm water. This mixture will serve as your furniture polish that will add shine in your wooden Venetian blinds. Now, all you have to do is choose the most convenient way of cleaning your blind and be amazed at its best results.