House designs are now being focused on the minimal. This means that now we don’t see cluttered houses where things were simply stuffed into a dedicated space. These days, it’s more about making rooms spacious revealing the floor and walls. Read about these elements in a minimalist house design to get an idea of the concept.
- Use Lighter colors– Darker shades are good but they make the room look smaller. The lighter colors you use, the bigger your room appears. Therefore stick to pale or off white, pale yellow, light green etc and provide some darker accentuations if you like. For example, you may get an off white wall but you may use bright sky blue and sunrise yellow at smaller spaces to make it look perfect. This way, your room appears bigger and you don’t have to let go of bright colors.
- Minimalist Furniture– When you opt for this element in a minimalist house design, you have to make sure that the furniture you have used doesn’t get the limelight by being too bold, huge or puffy. In a minimalist house design, it should be cleaner, subtler and with clearly defined edges. Instead of going for the traditional big soda, chose futuristic designs. Also opt for low lying tables. They would make your design perfect.
- Minimalist Decoration- Often, we use too many wall hangings, posters and statues here and there. Plus, we need racks, tables and dressers to showcase these elements. There should not be so many elements in a minimalist house design. You can chose to keep a book shelf in a secluded corner of the room with a very small low table and some quilts. Also, opt for only those wall decorations that don’t offer too much visual input. If you remove most of the articles you used earlier, your walls will also become clutter free.
- Spread your wings- There is no need to keep two chairs at one side of the bedroom. You can keep it farther away near the window. In the living room, don’t keep all the seating together. Spread them out here as well.
- Bare Essentials- The elements in a minimalist house design should be kept to the bare essentials. There are no overdone colors. Your bedroom would not need many shelves not would your living room demand too much decoration. Similarly, you have to take this idea to the bath and kitchen as well. Make it spacious and stick to any what’s necessary.