Today millions of people in the United States are suffering from hemorrhoids (enlarging of veins in rectum area) and want to know of ways to get rid of them. Although their treatment would depend upon the severity of the condition, but in any case, they can be easily treated with some dietary changes and natural home remedies.
In many cases, pregnancy and childbirth can also contribute to hemorrhoids. Aside from that, aging, chronic diarrhea and constipation, and standing or sitting for too long can lead to constipation. Irrespective of the cause, everybody wants to know: how to get rid of hemorrhoids?
Useful tips that can help you in getting rid of hemorrhoids:
- You should eat a diet that is rich in fiber. Eat lots of leafy and green vegetables, whole grain food, non-citrus fruits and psyllium husk to make stools soft and much easier to pass. Reduced constipation can have big impact on your hemorrhoids.
- If the problem is not that serious and has recently developed, you should try soaking the inflamed area in a warm sitz bath. In this procedure, your rectum area and hips are only submerged. It should be done at least three times a day at 30 minutes interval to get the fast results. This helps in reducing pain and swelling to a great extent. However, you should dry the affected area after each session so that moisture doesn’t develop into a rash as you may end up rubbing and tearing the area further.
- If suffering from internal hemorrhoids, you can put anal suppositories within your anus. They provide the lubricating effect and can prevent further bleeding in anus due to pressure. Their main purpose is to prevent accidental rapture until they heal naturally.
- Few herbs that can help in treating hemorrhoids
- All those who want to know of ways on how to get rid of hemorrhoids using herbs should try the following as they provide fast results:
- Aloe Vera : You should use aloe vera extracts as they are known to effectively cure various diseases including hemorrhoids. You should moisturize the affected area by applying the pulp directly on it.
- Butcher’s Broom :This is a highly popular herb that has excellent ability to cure hemorrhoids. They also help in healing varicose veins. They contain ruscogenin, which helps in healing hemorrhoids.
- Pilewort : This herb can stop bleeding if taken orally on regular basis. It is also available in the form of alcohol or tea based tincture in the market.
- Witch Hazel : It can help in reducing bleeding and swelling in the affected area. It is mostly available in the form of natural cream or liquid.
- Many suppositories, topical applications and creams can reduce itching, pain and burning associated with hemorrhoids.
Inclusion of neem, horse chestnut, zinc oxide and vitamin E is quite effective in getting rid of hemorrhoids. You can even get many herbal supplements that contain them. They help in reducing swelling, inflammation, pain and constrict the size of blood vessels in the area. They can be used as an standalone option or can be combined for a more comprehensive solution.