When it comes to designing a kitchen we often forget to add vigor to the space. However, we must accept that the kitchen is actually the heart of the house. Therefore, the color scheme of the house should also reflect in your kitchen. If you have already planned a Victorian home, here are a few modern Victorian kitchen designs that would help you make your kitchen look as amazing as the house itself.
- The color– Natural pastel shades get an edge over a plain white or a bright hue. You can choose aquamarine, pale yellow, sunset yellow, very light brown, dark brown and even grey mixed with white. These colors are the best for your kitchen as they keep it simple and minimalistic while making a huge impact on whosoever enters the room.
- The Storage– Storage should be wooden and you can chose elegant but simple wooden storage units for this purpose. They are mostly available in darker shades of brown, but you can also get them in a color of your choice. Whatever color or size you chose, make sure that it is very simple and has a very neat appearance. You don’t have to look for something too artistic in this case. It is the shape that would matter more.
- Flooring- The floor is always wooden in a modern Victorian kitchen design. This is so because it matches perfectly with the rest of the ambience and the neutral or pastel shades that you have used in the storage units and the walls. You can either opt for slimmer vertical alignments or broader horizontal alignments. In any case, chose a very light brown shade.
- Kitchen Table- This should be in the center of the space and should be as antique as possible. Now, antique doesn’t mean that you have to get a very heavy table with lots of artwork in the sides. Get a table in dark brown or caramel hue and ensure that it has a slim appearance. You can choose a table that matches with the dresser or go for a completely contrasting design.
- The layout– Often, the modern Victorian kitchen designs feature a heavier and plain base over which there is an open and apparently broader upper potion. You can even use wood storage units at the base and glass and wood combo units for the top levels. The windows should also be big and bold and you can keep a small vase at the window or your favorite space to complete the look.