Okra, which originated from North–East Africa, is a highly nutritious vegetable that can be eaten raw or cooked. The plant is cultivated in tropical areas around the world for its fibrous pods. Okra is rich in minerals, vitamins as well as other essential nutrients. There are many okra health benefits that have been tested and proven.
Health benefits of okra
1. Prevention of diabetes: the fiber and other nutrients in okra are responsible for normalizing the blood sugar hence prevents diabetes.
2. Boosting of health during pregnancy: okra has an important vitamin B that produces and maintains new cells in the body. Moreover, it has folate that is a vital compound for optimal pregnancy. Okra also contains vitamins that help in the prevention of birth defects such as spina bifida.
3. Prevention of kidney disease: the study found out that people who consume okra on a regular basis are less prone to kidney disease. Unlike other vegetables, okra can prevent damage to the kidneys.
5. Helps to fight respiratory diseases such as Asthma: the vitamin C in okra helps in preventing respiratory diseases like Asthma. The study found out that consumption of okra help reduces wheezing in children.
6. Promotes healthy skin: the vitamin C makes the skin looks young and vibrant. Moreover, the vitamin assists in growth and repair of body tissues. Boil okra and allow it to cool then apply it on your skin. Within 5 minutes, the skin will look smooth and rejuvenated.
In Conclusion, okra health benefits make the plant a popular remedy for many health conditions. Using okra on a regular basis can bring amazing health benefits on your body.