If you are looking for the best budget surge protectors for your computer and television, you certainly want to find reasonably priced options that will provide some protection. There are many cheap surge protectors available in the market, some selling for less than $10 that are just power strips that offer no real protection in case of a potential power surge.
However, there are some relatively cheap high-performance models that can still ensure your computer or television is safeguarded from many power surges. These models range from $20 to $25 but you can get them at cheaper prices during an offer period or when there is a good sale. Besides the price, look for good functionality to make sure you get the most out of the device.
Let’s now have a look at the best budget surge protectors for computers and television.
- 1 Best Budget Surge Protector for Computer TV, and Electronics Device
- 1.1 10. Anker Power Strip Surge Protector
- 1.2 9. Kasa Smart Plug Power Strip HS300
- 1.3 8. AmazonCommercial AC and USB Desktop Outlet
- 1.4 7. AUSTERE VII Series Power 8-Outlet
- 1.5 6. APC Surge Protector Power Strip with USB Ports
- 1.6 5. CyberPower 750 Surge Suppressor
- 1.7 4. Tripp Lite SWIVEL 6 Surge Suppressor
- 1.8 3. Belkin Home Series Surge Protector
- 1.9 2. V7 SA0806B 1800 Joules Surge Protector
- 1.10 1. NuGiant NSS05 Power Surge Protector
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 Out Top Picks
Best Budget Surge Protector for Computer TV, and Electronics Device
10. Anker Power Strip Surge Protector
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Power Everything: Equipped with 12 AC outlets to power all of your household devices.
- Dual Surge Protection: PowerExtend is equipped with not one but two 4000-joule surge protectors, ensuring continuous protection for your most sensitive devices during both small or large power surges.
- All-Round Safety: In addition to offering surge protection, this power strip incorporates a range of other safety features including overload protection, grounded protection, and a fire-resistant exterior.
- What You Get: PowerExtend 12 Strip, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, lifetime* $300,000 connected equipment warranty, and friendly customer service.
Protect your entire household from power surges and other incidents with the Anker Advantage 12-Outlet UL-Certified Dual 4000-Joule Surge Protector. Whether you have computers, TV’s, gaming consoles, audio equipment or anything else that needs protection from inconvenient power surges and spikes this dual surge protector safeguard will safeguard all of your investments against shocks and potential damage due to a sudden drop in voltage coming into your home. The power strip features a built-in 20AWG 3FT long grounded cord designed for optimal service meaning its never more than an arm length away while at the same time giving you easy access to turn it on or off with just one simple tap on the front of its conveniently placed ON/OFF switch! For added convenience there.
9. Kasa Smart Plug Power Strip HS300
- 6 smart outlets: Independently control 6 smart outlets, and charge 3 devices with built in USB ports; Ideal for controlling electronics in your home, home office, or small business
- Surge protection: ETL certified surge protection shields sensitive electronics and appliances from sudden power surges that can occur during weather storms and cause irreparable damage
- Energy monitoring : Monitor how much energy devices connected to the power strip consume; Check on each one from your Kasa smart app and turn off ones that are using too much power
- Control from anywhere: Control connected devices from anywhere with the Kasa Smart app. Power up your office remotely and even your holiday lights from the app
- Voice control: Remotely control your smart plug and use voice commands with Alexa, Google Assistant, or MicroSoft Cortana. Plug type:3-prong plug
Feel the joys of having more control, efficiency, and security with your home power strips. With Kasa Smart Plug Power Strip HS300 you are able to have complete control over all six power outlets including what’s plugged into them!
Monitor energy consumption on each device connected to plug strip with two different devices- your iOS or Android smartphone app or web account on PC/Mac computer. No need for an expensive electrician or building contractor on this one! There is no better way of knowing how much energy goes throughout your home without even being there anymore. Save money by using less electricity!
8. AmazonCommercial AC and USB Desktop Outlet
- AC and USB outlet desktop power station and surge protector with 6-foot 14AWG heavy duty power cord with 90 degree swivel
- 3 AC outlets and 4 USB ports; electrical ratings of 15A, 120V, and 1800W; high speed charging up to 2.4 amp (total output 5V/3.4A for 4 ports); spaced outlets for large plugs
- Effectively protects devices from power surges and spikes; 1080 Joule energy rating and fireproof MOV; EMI/RFI Noise Filtration up to 40dB reduction
- Power on/off switch integrates with a 15Amp resettable circuit breaker; LED light visually indicates grounding and surge protection; USB power supply continues to charge devices when AC outlet is turned off
- Mounting clamp allows power station to be attached to a desk or cubicle for easy access; space-saving design reduces clutter and tangles
Maintain a constant power supply for your equipment with the AmazonCommercial AC and USB Desktop Outlet, which features four ports for devices as well as six feet of cord. The volts are 15 AMP max. based on the appliance load. Cord comes out from top or side that can be maneuvered to fit any configuration.
This surge protector and its 1080 Joule energy rating gives you peace of mind against electrical spikes and surges, while tripple EMI/RFI Noise Filtration allows your electronics to maintain optimal performance.
Includes: 3 AC outlets; 4 USB ports; the power toggle switch integrates with a resettable circuit breaker (10A) that is controlled by an integrated button.
7. AUSTERE VII Series Power 8-Outlet
- Picture Perfect Audio/Video Austere Power insulates the power signal from external EMI/RFI disturbances to deliver video and audio perfection. EMI - or Electromagnetic Interference - occurs when devices are in close proximity to one another. This means that when another device, such as a vacuum, surges as it’s turned on, it will not impede or disrupt your system
- Fire & Power Spike Safety Our surge protector regulates the power coming from the outside powerline to ensure devices don’t burnout from a high voltage spike that can be harmful to your equipment. Flameless MOV Protection gives you peace of mind that powerful surges won’t result in dangerous and harmful fire. And OverCurrent Protection ensures that the power circuit cannot exceed 15 amps, which could cause devices to short circuit or create dangerous temperatures that may lead to a fire
- aDesign Philosophy At Austere we not only believe in the details; we obsess over them. Our WovenArmor Cable provides strength, durability and protection to ensure a lifetime of quality performance. The High-Flex Cable routes comfortably in tight places for easy installation. Our thermal-protected, ultra-wide SmartFit outlets have plenty of room to accommodate the bulkiest plugs
- Rapid Charge The OmniPort USB features five rapid charging ports (2 USB-A; 3 USB-C) to each deliver up to 2.4 Amps of charging power while protecting all of your low voltage devices with an additional 45W USB-C PD port. These smart ports are designed to minimize charging time for your personal electronics such as cellphones and any handheld device that charges via USB
- Austere’s Guarantee We stand behind our products and protect the products that are plugged into our surge protector power strips two ways: Our Lifetime Guarantee – ensures your satisfaction with performance and protection; our Component Guarantee - promises that if a VII Series Austere Power Strip is responsible for any damage to a plugged-in device, Austere will replace that device regardless of its value for up to 7-years
Picture Perfect Audio/Video \\ Austere Power’s picture perfection is complete with eight outlets, two USB ports for powering your smartphone or tablets, and a cable cradle which keeps the cord up out of the way. The Lightning Surge BLAST™ Device Protector can be switched on to react to any power spikes that could damage expensive electronics::an additional layer of protection from surges and spikes before they happen.
Clutter-free Cable Management \\ Frame a clear shot by wrestling your power cables into an organized bundle using our cable management system. A front hinged control station prevents eyesores like dangling cords while easy access to gauges ensures you’re never without important electrical information again. Our surge protector has enough slots for all your electronic devices.
6. APC Surge Protector Power Strip with USB Ports
- 4320 Joules surge protector
- 12 outlet surge protector power strip
- 6 foot power cord with straight 3 prong plug
- 2 USB ports provide 2.4Amps of charging power
Damage to any of your tech tools can be devastating. That’s why this 12-outlet surge protector power strip with 2 USB outlets is ideal for keeping sensitive electronics safe from the surges that damage them every day. For over 40 years, APC has been protecting computer systems around the world by preventing voltage dips and interruptions in circulation–and now they’re bringing this powerful protection to your home with a 4320 Joules surge protector power strip. The 6 foot cord ends with a straight 3 prong plug so you can easily move it around without sacrificing plugs or worrying about damaging anything else on the other wall. And, if you need an extra dose of security when you’re traveling, just use one of Voltage Guard’s international adapters to keep everything so you can safely chargemore than one device at the same time.
5. CyberPower 750 Surge Suppressor
- 7 NEMA 5-15R outlets
- 1250 Joules of surge suppression
- Phone protection
- 6-foot right-angle plug
- $75,000 connected equipment guarantee
With a rating of just 1250 Joules, the CyberPower 750 has the lowest surge protection offered by any budget surge protector. However, this protection is higher in comparison to many cheap models that don’t offer protection from external sources that can cause damage to your hardware.
The seven outlets on this device should be sufficient for a single computer set up but might be inadequate if you have a desk that has multiple computers or if you have more than one peripherals. Of these seven outlets, one is set apart for a large plug letting you use the other six for standard-sized plugs.
This surge protector has a single phone in connection in addition to multiple out ports for fax and telephone connection. The manufactures have placed a lifetime warranty on this model that has a six-foot cord. It retails
4. Tripp Lite SWIVEL 6 Surge Suppressor
The Tripp Lite SWIVEL has a modest rating of 1500 Joules and retails for a minimum price of about depending on where you shop. Don’t be fooled by the rating, this is not just another power strip like most cheap models since it still offers protection for your television and computer in addition to other electronic devices.
The main variation between this budget surge protector and others is that it has no cord; it is plugged directly into your wall outlet. This can be a great surge protector for a desktop computer or a television that is closely placed in an outlet. The 6 outlets on this device can be “swiveled” to any angle which allows you to plug in various cordless electronic appliances without getting into each other’s way. This surge protector also comes with a lifetime warranty.
3. Belkin Home Series Surge Protector
- 1060 Joule energy rating provides maximum protection of all your sensitive electronic devices
- 7 Surge-protected outlets supply complete, 3-line AC protection
- 7 Sliding safety covers to protect all users especially children
- Spoiler Cord System for easy clutter free cord management and Solid-state protection safeguards your phone/fax/modem lines
- Dollar 75,000 Connected Equipment Warranty. The product is also covered by Belkin Limited lifetime warranty
The Belkin is a 7 outlet surge protector that comes with a rating of 2320 Joules. This is not a bad rating for a budget surge protector and should be enough to protect your home appliances including computers and televisions from numerous power surges.
Unlike other budget models, this one does not have set aside outlets for larger plugs so you might have to look for other options if you have appliances with transformers. The six-foot cord should be enough in a number of setups. This surge protector also comes within and outlines for phone connections. Belkin is relatively cheap compared to the amount of protection it offers.
2. V7 SA0806B 1800 Joules Surge Protector
- 8 protected outlets with 1800 joules of surge suppression
- 3 outlets spaced to fit transformers
- Sliding safety covers for added protection
- Emi/RFI filtering and noise reduction
- $150, 000 connected equipment assurance Guarantee
This budget surge protector comes with a rating of 1800 Joules and retails for about rating might behalf of most top models but still incomparable to a lot of cheap models. The V7 SA0806B is elegantly designed and has a total of eight outlets with four of these outlets separated and spaced from the rest for bigger plugs.
The in and out coaxial lines give protection to your television, computer, or any other peripherals that have transformers. Although the six-foot power cord isn’t the longest available option, it is enough in most situations. This power surge protector has a lifetime warranty which is quite remarkable for a budget device.
1. NuGiant NSS05 Power Surge Protector
- Surge Protector Multi-Outlet Power Strip: Power everything on your desk with a single compact surge-protected extension cord. This reputable power cord offers 12 AC outlets with surge protection for charging your computer, laptop, phone, camera, and more. One charging station for a clutter-free desk.
- Compact Space-Saving Pivot Outlet: Developed with rotating outlets to allow extra room for large AC adapter and charger bricks. The cord-management system keeps cables organized. The slender design with an 8 ft/2.4-meters long heavy-duty cord makes it ideal for home offices, workstations, and game rooms.
- Power Bar with Phone Line Protection: Featuring a 1-in-2-out RJ11 telephone or fax protection to ensure open and continuous phone line connections. It also provides a coaxial cable protection to safeguard cable box and satellite connections. The damage-resistant housing protects circuits from fire, impact, and rust.
- Reliable Product and Service: Purchase with confidence as it is backed by a lifetime warranty and protected by 300,000 dollar Connected Equipment Warranty. Check out the full specs: 6,000 volts maximum spike voltage, 15A AC (4 stationary outlets, and 8 rotating outlets), 125V, 1875W, and 150K Hz - 100M Hz EMI/RFI Noise Filter.
- Safeguard Your Devices and Appliances: The electric strip has a 4,320-Joule energy rating providing a reliable power extension cord to protect printers, appliances, and home theater systems. It secures your electronic devices from overload, short circuit, power spikes, lightning strikes, or fluctuations.
This 10 outlet budget power surge protector offers an amount of protection that is unbelievable for its price. The NSS05 rating of up to 3580 Joules places this device up there with other models that cost double its price or even more. It is arguably the best price for a budget model that offers the highest level of protection.
With 10 outlets you not only get protection for your computer and television but also other home and office electronics- even those with multiple peripherals. Four outlets are separated and spaced out for bigger plugs for use by those devices that come with transformers. This surge protector also comes with an in and out connection for coaxial line and two outlines for telephone and fax machine which makes this a multi-purpose surge protector at an incredible price. It retails for $22.00
For a lot of people, power protection is all about plugging just about any electronic appliance into a cheap power strip. This could be a probable reason why you lost a TV or computer to a power surge during a thunderstorm. Any of these budget surge protectors offer more than protection to your TV and computer and would make an incredible choice.
Surge protectors are an essential component of any home office or entertainment center. They’re designed to keep your most important electronics safe from power surges and spikes, which can fry delicate circuitry in seconds. The best surge protector for you will depend on what type of equipment you want to protect; this article provides some helpful tips about how to choose the right one for your needs. For example, if electricity is more expensive where you live than it is elsewhere, then a higher-voltage unit might be worth investing in because they require less energy use per device protected (and therefore cost less over time). If safety features like circuit breakers aren’t necessary for your situation – but still want protection against electrical damage due to voltage fluctuations.
we’ve compiled all of our knowledge into a simple guide with tips on how to protect your tech during bad weather conditions. We hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions about choosing one of our surge protector options.
Visit our homepage to see more products: TOP 10 BEST REVIEWS