Your child’s safety while driving is your #1 concern. Today the roads are not getting any safer with road construction and the rash of uninsured driver accidents recently has people on edge. So, having the best car seat available as well as one that is convertible only makes good sense. Today you will see 10 of the best available you can get on the Net from Amazon and we will whittle the list down for you and give you our pick of for best one.
However, each is high quality and each has its own virtues and perhaps something about one of the others strikes your fancy and you prefer that to our pick. That is ok with us too. We believe you should make the final decision on what type of car seat your child will be safest in and yours alone. Now if you will, we will take you through our selection of the 10 Best Convertible Car Seats for 2016 and we start with #10.
- 1 Best Convertible Car Seats Reviews
- 1.1 1. Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat
- 1.2 2. Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat, Glacier
- 1.3 3. Britax Grow with You ClickTight Harness-2-Booster Car Seat, Seaglass
- 1.4 4. Britax One4Life ClickTight All-in-One Car Seat
- 1.5 5. Graco Tranzitions 3 in 1 Harness Booster Seat, Proof
- 1.6 6. Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat, Verve
- 1.7 7. Evenflo Chase Sport Harnessed Booster Car Seat
- 1.8 8. Graco 4Ever 4 in 1 Car Seat featuring TrueShield Side Impact Technology
- 2 9. Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat, Matrix
- 3 10. Diono 2019 Radian 3RXT All-in-One Convertible Car Seat
- 4 Final Thought
Best Convertible Car Seats Reviews
1. Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat
It’s safer to ride backwards for longer. The Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat may be used in a rear-facing harness position from 4-50 pounds, and then converted to a forward-facing position (22-65 lb). Your youngster may securely travel in the back seat for longer thanks to the 5 inches of additional legroom provided by the 4-position extension panel. Thanks to Extend2Fit’s adjustable extension panel and maximum weight of 50 pounds for usage in the rear-facing position, the seat may be used for a longer period of time as your kid grows.
- This car seat converts from a rear-facing harness configuration to a front-facing harness configuration as your kid grows (from 4-50 pounds) (22-65 pounds)
- Designed with a steel reinforcement
- The dimensions of the product are 21.5″ deep by 19.5″ wide by 23.5″ high, and it weighs 19.25 pounds.
- Your kid may stay in the rear-facing position for as long as they weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Graco ProtectPlus must never be cleaned with chlorine. Engineered: The integrated, no-rethread mechanism for adjusting the headrest and the harness ensures a quick and hassle-free fit.
- With the Extend2Fit’s four-position adjustable extension panel, your youngster may enjoy up to five inches of more legroom while riding securely in the back seat for longer.
- Requires less time spent in front of the vehicle
- Numerous reviewers have remarked on how secure the design is.
- It seems like a good fit, and LO appears to be very at ease (*not taking yet).
- Not easy to set up.
- It’s hard to fasten the straps from the side. Negatives are minimal, since it can’t be undone after it’s been implemented.
2. Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat, Glacier
The Contender is designed for children 5 to 40 pounds rear-facing and your forward-facing toddler from 20 to 65 pounds. This convertible car seat has the Simply Safe Adjustment Harness System, which is designed for one-handed operation. Side impact tested contender 65 is rated for occupant retention solely with a five-point harness system. This ensures that your child will be safely restrained while driving for short or long-distance trips whether to the grocery store or a trip to visit the grandparents. You can rest assured your child will be safe during the journey.
- Made to assist keep your kid safe whether they weigh 5-40 pounds in the back or 22-65 pounds in the front.
- Easy and Secure There is no need to rethread the harness since the Adjust Harness System allows you to change the height of the headrest at the same time.
- ProtectPlus by Graco Designed to protect your kid in the event of a frontal, side, or rear impact or a rollover accident, this car seat has also been subjected to further testing based on the New Car Assessment Program and for high car interior temperatures.
- This 8-position headrest may be adjusted with one hand to meet your child’s changing demands as they grow.
- Simple, one-step, rear-facing installation with LATCH and a clear-cut level indicator.
- Up to 40 pounds, use a rear-facing seat.
- The straps and the height are easily modified.
- Super simple to disinfect
- Tightening it up is going to be a chore.
- The length is sufficient to cause front-seat
3. Britax Grow with You ClickTight Harness-2-Booster Car Seat, Seaglass
Continue to grow with you From infant to preteen, ClickTight is there for your kid. The athleisure fabric used for the custom seat is a 4-way stretch material that is both soft and simple to clean. Always install with self-assurance. In only 3 simple clicks, ClickTight guarantees perfect results. Take a seat, fasten your seatbelt, and then snap the seat back into place. An energy-absorbing shell and a foam-lined headrest provide double-layer side impact protection for the head, neck, and torso.
Put your kid in the car seat base, and use it to create a crumple zone that will assist divert impact energy away from them. As your kid develops, you can quickly and easily find the perfect fit by adjusting the 9-position harness and headrest with a single hand. The 5-point harness folds away into a belt-positioning booster once your kid is old enough to utilize a regular seat belt. You and your youngster will benefit from the color-coded directions as you follow them to properly route the seat belt. Even adults take pleasure in the journey because to the wipeable armrests, drink holders, and food bins.
- Consistently high standards, now with a sleeker look: In search of the edge. Co-evolve with you Car Seat
- Harness to Booster Conversion System ClickTight
- Safely set up: In only 3 simple clicks, ClickTight guarantees perfect results. Easily converts from a regular booster seat to a seat for a child with only a few simple motions of the lever. As your child develops from a toddler to a large kid, he or she may go from a forward-facing harness to a belt-positioning booster seat.
- Materials with a luxuriously silky feel: Athleisure fabric with four-way stretch mixes form and function for a chic, low-maintenance aesthetic.
- Better ease: Your child’s neck will be protected from the harness strap by the soft comfort cushions that stay in place.
- This safety seat is made to endure and is quite sturdy.
- Constructed with Reliability in Mind
- Comfortable fastening for a youngster.
- A car seat’s safety features are always my first considerations.
- Although its weight is an advantage in terms of its durability, frequent flyers may find it more convenient to have a dedicated car seat for their little one.
4. Britax One4Life ClickTight All-in-One Car Seat
The One4Life convertible car seat offers Britax safety and ClickTight installation from day one. It can go from being a backless booster seat to a forward-facing 5-point harness seat to a high-back belt-positioning booster seat in a matter of seconds. You may wash and dry your SafeWash cover in the washing machine with no worries. Installing ClickTight is as simple as fastening a seatbelt, giving you complete assurance in every endeavor. Seat belt routes are color-coded to make it easy to follow the correct path for each installation type. More so, simple indications show you the ideal angle at which to recline. Crash forces are mitigated with a high-strength steel frame, crumple zone, and V-shaped tether. Your child’s head, neck, and body are protected by two levels of side impact protection. The 15-position headrest and harness allow for quick and easy adjustments as your child develops. Your kid will have a great time in the car thanks to the air vents, plush cushioning, and built-in arm rests.
- The One4Life Convertible Booster Car Seat can accommodate children as little as five pounds and as tall as six feet three inches.
- In only 3 simple actions, you may have complete confidence that your installation was performed correctly using ClickTight: To shut, unlatch, thread, and buckle.
- Transforms from a backless booster seat to a high-back belt-positioning seat for toddlers to a forward-facing 5-point harness for infants.
- Two levels of side impact protection for the head, neck, and torso are provided by the innovative v-shaped tether and the high strength steel frame.
- The 15-position harness and adjustable headrest are designed to grow with your kid.
- It’s simple to select the ideal recline angle for your car and your child’s comfort with the 9-position, quick-adjust recline and easy-to-read level indicators.
- Washable and dryable in a conventional machine; the knit material itself is flame resistant.
- Easy to set up, and I like how snug it becomes without any effort on my part.
- This car seat met all of my expectations and made my kid feel safe and secure.
- When subjected to crash tests, the car seat received a 3 out of 5 stars for safety. For me, this was the largest problem.
- No matter how I readjusted the shoulder straps, they still didn’t feel comfortable on her shoulders. To me, it was obviously not a secure environment.
5. Graco Tranzitions 3 in 1 Harness Booster Seat, Proof
The Graco Transitions 3-in-1 Harness Booster Vehicle Seat may be used from the back of a car to the front of a van to the back of a bus. With the Simply Safe Adjust Harness System, the harness and headrest of this lightweight car seat can be adjusted to any of eight different height positions—no rethreading is required—as the child grows from 22 to 65 pounds to 40 to 100 pounds and beyond. Your kid will be comfortable and content thanks to the machine-washable seat cushion, body insert, and harness covers, as well as the two detachable cup holders. You can clean metal and plastic with a little soap and water in the fridge.
- Protect your kid from infancy through adolescence with this versatile 3-in-1 harness booster.
- This harness and headrest adjustment system is called the Simply Safe Adjust Harness System.
- This easy-to-carry seat is perfect for the on-the-go family.
- The eight-position, one-hand adjustable headrest may grow with your kid.
- There are two built-in cup holders to ensure your child’s beverage is never far away.
- Seat belt guides with open loops ensure that the belt is fastened properly in the car.
- Covers for the seat pad, body support, and harness may be removed and washed in the washing machine.
- Lasts for a long time and accommodates a broad variety of kid sizes. This is the final car seat we’ll ever need since my child is 42 lbs. and 40 inches tall.
- Superb cost-effectiveness.
- Straightforward to assemble and securely fasten
- This harness does not need rethreading, making it very user-friendly.
- Slimline design makes it easier to fit in the backseat (great option if you have more than one car seat in your car)
- Once you’ve figured out how it goes on, removing the car seat cover to wash it is a simple process.
- This car seat is much lighter than my previous one (a Maxi Cosi Pria), making it much easier to transfer to a another vehicle or remove entirely if necessary.
- Prefers a more generous armrest distance. They are useless until the seat is converted to a backless booster.
- They protrude from the side of the seat by barely a couple of inches.
- She has noticed that the detachable, non-mandatory seat pad often becomes wrinkled or dislodges itself while she is seated. To put it mildly, it’s bothersome but not a dealbreaker.
6. Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat, Verve
Travel with confidence knowing your kid is secure in the Marathon Click Tight Convertible Car Seat thanks to its proprietary click tight installation method, layer of side impact protection, and safe cell impact protection. Click tight installation makes installing a car seat as simple as using a seat belt. The marathon car seat completely encloses you to ensure your safety. The steel frame, energy-absorbing base, v-shaped tether to decrease seat rotation, and phased release stitches to delay and reduce forward movement in a collision are all part of the patented Britax safe cell impact protection system included in this convertible car seat. To protect your kid from side impacts, Britax made its marathon click tight car seat with a thick layer of foam within the shell. Your youngster will relax in complete luxury because to the plush cushioning, fabric, and seven adjustable reclining settings.
- The patented click tight system makes installing car seats as easy as fastening a seat belt.
- This thread will never need to be rethreaded. To accommodate your child’s growth, the harness has 14 settings and the buckle has 2.
- Enjoy some downtime and lay back on the couch: To maximize comfort and optimal mounting angle, this car seat has seven adjustable reclining settings.
- Steel construction, an impact-absorbing foundation, and a layer of side protection.
- 23 x 18.5 x 23.5 inches (L x W x H); shoulder width: 16 inches; weight capacity: rear-facing 5-40 pounds; forward-facing 20-65 pounds.
- Exceptional resistance to side impacts and general durability (Britax does a lot additional safety testing beyond the government requirements)
- Quick and simple installation using existing seatbelts (takes less than a minute once you know what you are doing)
- Harnesses with Click Tight technology provide a modern, streamlined appearance and feel, and the head support/heights adjuster is compact when not in use (refacing)
- Changing the incline of the seat requires opening the seat. This isn’t a huge concern, but it might be bothersome if you’re in a hurry and need to do it more than a couple of times as the baby develops.
- The maximum allowable while riding in the back is pretty low. We don’t see this as a problem since we plan on expanding our family, but it is something to think about.
- Strap around the crotch is really brief.
7. Evenflo Chase Sport Harnessed Booster Car Seat
When in booster mode, the Evenflo Chase’s unique headrest design enables the car seat belt to automatically adapt to your child’s height. The youngster will feel secure and comfortable with the increased side walls and head support. In addition to the sporty details, the built-in cup holders have a flexible striped pattern that will appeal to kids. With so many useful functions, this combo booster is surprisingly affordable.
- Harness-to-Belt-Positioning Booster Converts to Rear-Facing Seat
- Cushion for the Head that Can Be Removed as Baby Grows: This soft pillow is essential for ensuring that baby’s head is supported in the correct posture.
- Two Places for Your Drinks: The driver can retain their attention on the road thanks to the convenience of the two built-in cup holders.
- Two crotch buckle configurations allow the seat to expand with the kid.
- The five-point harness; my kid is too large for a convertible car seat but not yet ready for a regular high-backed booster.
- The cost
- You can set them up in no time.
- Each strap may be modified quickly and easily.
- It’s simple to remove the covers and throw them in the wash.
- My daughter has reported a pleasant sitting experience on this seat.
- It’s convenient that this can be upgraded to a booster seat with a back, saving me money.
- One of our seats’ cup holder screws came away, revealing a loose cup holder.
- This booster does not convert to a backless version, thus we will have to purchase new boosters in the future.
8. Graco 4Ever 4 in 1 Car Seat featuring TrueShield Side Impact Technology
Graco’s 4Ever 4-in-1 Car Seat with TrueShield Technology allows you to use the seat for up to ten years. With its four different configurations, this car seat grows with your kid from a rear-facing (4-40 lb.) to a forward-facing (5-point harness) seat (22-65 lb.) to a high-back (40-100 lb.) to a backless (above 100 lb) (40–120 lbs). In the case of a collision from the side, your kid will be safe from head to hips thanks to TrueShield Technology. The Simply Safe Adjust Harness System and 10-position headrest make it easy to acquire a good fit without having to rethread the harness or move the child’s headrest. Your kid will be cozy in one of six reclining positions, and you’ll have no trouble installing the seat in the rear-facing position thanks to the InRight LATCH system and clear-cut level indication. The only seat that may be used from birth to school age! Wash in machine for ease of care. Use a gentle soap and water solution to clean any metals or plastics.
- The Simply Safe Adjust Harness System allows you to easily modify the height of your child’s harness and headrest with a single move.
- Easily adapt to your developing youngster with the simple one-hand operation of this 10-position adjustable headrest.
- The cover may be removed and washed without taking the harness off the seat.
- To guarantee a safe installation, use the Graco-exclusive InRight LATCH attachment, which snaps into place in a single second and makes an audible click.
- The sturdy steel construction guarantees years of usefulness.
- Quick and simple first setup.
- Changing vehicles is a breeze.
- The choice of a booster seat without a back is unusual and welcome.
- You can take off the two cup holders and put them in the dishwasher without any hassle.
- The latch system’s base tether strap is rather short. It’s not long enough to use as a lever to tighten the strap, making it hard to use the latch mechanism to fasten the car seat in place.
- Cover for auto seats must be air-dried.
9. Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat, Matrix
Here you have a 3 in one multimode car seat that has a five-point harness for children 20 to 65 pounds is convertible into a high-back belt-positioning booster seat for children from 30 to 100 pounds and finally converts to a backless booster seat for a child of 40 to 100 pounds. This child safety seat has a steel-reinforced frame for durability and strength. It provides your child with comfort, support, and safety. This allows you as a parent to feel secure as your driving knowing that your child is protected from harm under almost any circumstance that can occur on the roads and highways in America today.
- Protect your kid from infancy through adolescence with this versatile 3-in-1 harness booster.
- Adapts to your child’s changing needs, from a forward-facing harness (22-65 lb) to a high-back booster (40-100 lb) to a backless booster (above 100 weight) (40-120 lb)
- The headrest and harness may be adjusted simultaneously with the Simply Safe Adjust Harness System, eliminating the need to rethread the harness.
- Child safety harnesses may be stored away without a hassle.
- Your youngster will be more at ease because to the removable body support.
- Simply put in place (if you know what and how to properly do it)
- Good quality cup holder with snack storage on both sides.
- The cloth can be removed entirely, is machine washable, and comes in a sharp black and patterned design.
- Convenient reclining ability
- Weldless harness
- Excellent cushioning
- Suspension belts are prone to tangling
- The cushions on harnesses may rotate as well.
- The extra padding in the seat bottom isn’t sewn in and might shift around.
10. Diono 2019 Radian 3RXT All-in-One Convertible Car Seat
This is a full steel frame that supports this car seat. Special heavy-duty padding surrounds your child to protect them and shield them from harm. This is a 5 to 45 pounds rear facing/20 to 80 pounds forward-facing seat. You also have a 5-point harness and when used as a booster seat can support up to 120 pounds. It also has special infant support cushions and the infant body supports insert this type under the seat. This is one of the strongest and safest car seats available on the market today.
Included is a high wedge for infant travel that will allow them to rest flat in a safe and secure environment. The novel technique lifts the infant’s head, which prevents the sagging of the neck and so helps to maintain the airways clear. As your child gets older, you may convert the 2-in-1 newborn positioning liner from a wedge to a flat support surface.
Up to 50 pounds (22. 7 kilograms), or around 4 years of age, your kid may ride safely and comfortably in this slimfit convertible car seat with the back facing you.
The Radian 3RXT is an all-in-one car seat and booster that grows with your kid, offering four different ways to ride securely from birth to 120 pounds.
Made of automotive-grade high-density plastic and steel, this kid safety seat has a steel core and is strengthened mechanically.
Incorporating our renowned Radian narrow fit convertible design, the Diono Radian combinations provide a 3-across seating arrangement without sacrificing the comfort of your kid or other passengers. Relax knowing that your kids are safe and sound in the backseat.
- My kid loves bright red, therefore the color of this seat immediately caught his eye.
- The car seat also boasts an extremely space-efficient chassis design, taking up almost any room in the vehicle.
Folderable. The car seat is lightweight and easily portable, making it ideal for air travel.
- A cup holder is available.
Last Thought On Child Safety Seats: Driving today is a serious business especially when you have a child in the car. You have to ensure that they are protected as well as comfortable. Their safety is your ultimate responsibility. And with that thought in mind, we have offered up 10 of the finest in convertible children’s car seating available today.
However, you can choose from any of these and get the maximum protection for your child’s safety as each meets and exceeds governmental requirements for child safety. So, purchase whichever of these car seats you feel meets your family’s needs and your child’s comfort and safety and rest easy knowing you have made the best choice possible.