How does the idea of a funky, classy motorbike appeals to you? What of a fast one as well? Motorbikes are the preference of all, and whether you use it to go to work or merely to cruise in style with your peers, what remains true is that a fast motorcycle is the real deal. Join me as I introduce you to the top 10 fastest motorcycles in 2016.
#10. The BMW K1200 S
The BMW K1200 S is in the number 10 slot, with a speed of up to 174 miles per hour. The good thing with this bike is that it comes in a wide range of options that factor in various upgrades of its original features. You do not have to worry about cruising at high speed, thanks to its revolutionary suspensions as well as high-efficiency brakes that are meant to stop the bike at blazing speed. The following are some of these features;
- 1157 cc DOCH, 16-valve 4-cylinder engine.
- 164 HP at 10250 rpm that reaches its maximum speed of 174 miles an hour.
- Torque: 129 Nm @ 8250 rpm.
- Front brakes feature a 2*320 mm disc together with piston caliper while the rear brakes feature a single 265 mm disc together with 2-piston caliper.
- Its 6-speed manual transmission can reach 100 km/hr in only 3 seconds.
- Stylish and elegant design.
#9. The Aprilia RSV 1000R Mille
With a speed of up to 175 miles per hour, this motorcycle is a force to be reckoned with. The bike came into existence with Australian engines that were made by the Italian company Aprilia from the year 2004 2013, and is by far the fastest superbike from the Aprilia company. It is also another design updated from the previous simpler version called RSV Mille. The following are some of the features;
- Fashionable, stylish and good for racing competitions.
- Can achieve a 1/4 miles acceleration in only 11 seconds.
- Four stroke 60-degree, 998 cc V-Twin engine.
- 141.13 hp @ 10000 rpm which achieves a maximum of 175 miles an hour.
- Multi-plate clutch as well as a 6-speed transmission.
- Liquid-cooled cooling system.
#8. The MV Agusta F4 1000R
This bike comes in 8th fastest bike in 2016; thanks to its super speed that can reach up to 184 miles per hour. It is also the second series from the Italian manufacturer, Agusta, and is a limited edition from the company. As a perfect blend of speed, performance and creative design, the MV Agusta F4 1000R is a must-have. Features include;
- Front brakes have a dual 320 mm disc with a 4-piston caliper while the rear brakes feature a single 220 mm disc with a 2-piston radical caliper.
- It has a 174 HP power.
- It has a 998 cc 4-cylinder 16-radical valves DOHC liquid cooled engine.
- Torque is 115 Nm @10000 rpm.
- It also has brembo monobloc radical brakes with a 6-speed transmission.
#7. The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R
At number 7, this Japanese bike has a speed of 186 miles an hour. It is one of the bikes from Ninja series that has occupied the top ten slots for the fastest bikes ever. If you think you got the wrong bike because you cannot see the sign of Kawasaki on it, you may want to check out the following features that are unique to it;
- It has a 1441 cc 4-valve liquid-cooled engine.
- 108 kW power output @ 10500 rpm.
- Has a 6-speed transmission.
- Acceleration of up to 100 km/hr in 2.7 seconds.
- Maximum torque is 162.50 Nm @ 11000 rpm.
#6. The Yamaha YZF R1
The Yamaha YZF R1 is ranked sixth with a speed of 186 miles per hour, with a slight under-a-mile edge over the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R. Find out what gives it the title the king of the road;
- A 998 cc liquid cooled 16-valve DOHC in-line-4-cylinder engine.
- Standard traction control, advanced ABS system and a quick launcher.
- Maximum power of 197 HP @ 13500 rpm.
- A MotoGp-inspired electronic package for enhanced performance.
- A 6-speed transmission.
#.5 The Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
The Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird comes in at number five among the fastest motorcycles in 2016, thanks to its impressive speed of 190 miles per hour. It is also the fastest tourer motorbike ever released by Honda, as well as among fast bikes with the longest presence. Features include; -A 1137 cc, 4-stroke inline-4 engine. -A twin balance shaft for higher smoothness. -Maximum power of 153 HP -Torque is 119 Nm @ 7250 rpm. #4. The Kawasaki Ninja H2R This bike has a speed of over 220 miles per hour, and is by far the fastest bike in the Ninja series. Other features include; – A 998 cc super charged DOHC inline 4-engine with 300 HP power. – Trellis frame for strength and better control. – 6-speed dog-ring transmission. – Has a highly efficient Kawasaki super-charger for better acceleration. – World class KYB racing suspension.
#3. The MTT Turbine Superbike Y2K
As the name suggests, this superbike is known to be the most powerful production bike ever, recognized by the Guinness book of world records. It is a wheel driven motorcycle powered with a turboshaft engine, specially designed to extract the heat energy at its exhaust and convert the energy as output power. Its other impressive features include the following;
- Being so hi-tech, they are only manufactured on demand.
- Rolls-Royce 250-C18 turboshaft engine.
- Two-speed semi-automatic transmission.
- Maximum output power of 320 HP @ 52000 rpm.
- Can hit a speed of up to 227 miles an hour.
#2. The Suzuki Hayabusa
The Suzuki Hayabusa earns itself the second fastest motorcycle in 2016, standing out with an impressive speed of 248 miles per hour. It derives its name from the Peregrine Falcon that is considered the fastest bird in the world, flying at a speed of 203 miles per hour. The Suzuki Hayabusa is also the fastest bike from Suzuki, and the following are some of its features;
- A 1397 cc four-cylinder 16-valves liquid-cooled engine with a power of 197 HP @ 6750 rpm.
- A 1340 cc four-stroke, DOHC, 4-cylinder 16-valves engine.
- A 6-speed constant mesh transmission.
- Acceleration of up to 60 miles per hour in just 2.5 seconds.
- Idle speed control system for keeping the engine stable in different conditions.
- Advanced fuel injection system for higher combustion efficiency.
#1. The Dodge Tomahawk
Topping the list of the fastest motorcycles in 2016 is the Dodge Tomahawk, thanks to an unmatched speed of 420 miles per hour. Having been unveiled in 2003, it is also another limited edition, as only 9 bikes have been reported sold so far. Check out the impressive features that make it the world’s fastest in 2016;
- A 8.3 litre, V-10 SRT 10 Dodge Viper Engine.
- Can achieve a maximum power of 500 HP.
- Has a 2-speed manual transmission.
- Acceleration of up to 60 miles an hour in just 1.5 seconds.
- Torque is 720 Nm @ 4200 rpm.
- The rear brakes have a dual 508 mm 16 piston discs while the front brakes feature a single 508 mm 8 piston discs.