Who doesn’t like living in a secluded island near the beach? There is sand and sun along with palm trees to make your view perfect. Designing a tropical house is something that is fun and creative on the exterior. However, a tropical house interior designing takes a little more thought. Not because you have to work here, but because you deserve a holiday retreat of the best quality. Explore some tropical house interior design ideas and splash your house with colors.
- Use Water- The most striking feature of any tropical house design is that it incorporates a lot of water. Surely, you must have a swimming pool or a small elegant pond in the front yard. Time to get some water inside as well. Get some cool pre molded fountains so that you get a running water supply all through the day. This improves the aesthetic value and the sound will help you relax.
- Keep open spaces– The more space you give air, the better. Make sure that there is no room for clutter inside the house. Everything should be neat, clean and minimalistic. The heavier elements you incorporate, the more you disrupt the harmony of the interior and the exterior. Then should be ample room to simply gaze at. It looks and feels better.
- Minimalist furniture– It should never be about huge leather sofas. Chairs and recliners are the best choice for a tropical house interior design. Use some bright colors in contrast and keep the print very bold and ‘beachy’ or ‘flowery’. The furniture should be comfortable put not too puffy or extravagant.
- Colors– Use cooler hues like green and red as the base and team them up with some percentage of yellows and oranges for upholstery. For wall paints it is better to stick to light blue or aquamarine. White can be used to make the area look more airy and spacious.
- Lighting- A typical tropical house interior design should not be too focused on the lighting. You already live near the beach so there will be ample sunlight during the day. For the night, you must g for dimmer amber lights. As the rooms are generally bigger, there need to be more lights as well. However, instead of choosing some typical lighting options you can install paper lamps after regular intervals. Also, get rows of smaller lights on the ceiling so that the bulbs don’t get too much attention and light spreads everywhere evenly. There is no spot for dark here.