Snow cones are variants of shaved ice dessert consist of ice shavings topped with flavored sugar syrup. Depending on the North American region, the term snowballs and snow cones are often interchanged. However, they may refer to two different things. Snowballs refer to the dessert made of finely shaved ice while snowballs use granular and coarse ice shavings.
Although snowballs or snow cones are largely popular in the United States, the sweet origin of this cool dessert goes as far back as the ancient Roman Empire. Romans used ice and syrups to create desserts for their elaborate feasts. Natural flavors from mint and other herbs are used to flavor this sweet confection.
Currently, snow cones are enjoyed in order to cool down during a hot summer and a common sighting in most American celebrations. Having a snow cone is also a great way to share novelty confections with friends and family after a game of basketball or soccer.
You can enjoy snow cones at any time when you have a snow cone machine. It is an excellent way to give your children healthy snacks, especially when you use fruits or herbs as flavorings.
Let us look at 10 of the most popular snow cone machines, both for home and commercial use:
1. Little Snowie Shaved Ice Snow Cone Machine
This portable, handy home ice shaver can instantly turn ordinary ice cubes into shaved ice. It is a great way to enjoy refreshing snow cones during family picnics or other special gatherings. A heavy-duty snow cone machine is safe and durable. Every family must have this virtually maintenance-free machine to take pleasure in the cool and delicious treat, anytime.
- It’s great how easy it is to use.
- Syrups are quick to create (add flavor powder to water and 1 cup sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves) and taste great. Not the cheap, artificial tastes you get at the grocery store. Indeed, they have the authentic syrup taste of a snow cone stand.
- Quick-Drying and Easy-to-Clean
- The item is lightweight and easy to store.
- More seasoning powders may be easily acquired on Amazon.
- To put it mildly, it is a noisy situation.
- The design of the lid is flawed since a little bit of plastic protrudes from it. It’s crucial to the machine’s operation, but its fragility makes me worry about its viability in the event of an accident.
2. Paragon 6133300 Simply-A-Blast Snow Cone Machine
This machine is ideal for commercial use as it features powerful 1/3 hp motors that are capable of grinding as much as 500 pounds of ice per hour. With such power, you are sure to keep up with your customers even during the busiest times. The frame of this snow cone machine is made of aluminum metal to ensure durability. It also features a removable drain deck to control the runoff, and an ice scoop to take out processed ice easily from the machine.
- The horn and pusher are made of cast aluminum, and they have two replaceable, height-adjustable stainless steel blades.
- 500 pounds of cube or chunk ice may be shaved each hour with the motor’s 1/3 horsepower and 1725 revolutions per minute.
- Solid aluminum and stainless steel framework, with safety glass panes for windows;
Sliding drain deck with food-grade slats; 36 “serving scoop with a built-in drain
- The item’s dimensions are (in inches): 22 by 17 by 16 “Total Mass: 50 lb.
- This machine is wonderful; it’s of high quality and very simple to use.
- The item was sent in a strong box with lots of foam padding to ensure its safe arrival.
- This is not a lightweight or transportable item.
3. VIVOHOME Electric Dual Blades Ice Crusher Shaver Snow Cone Maker
Create delicious snow cones and sophisticated cocktails with the help of the VIVOHOME automated ice shaver. Plug it in, pour in some ice cubes, then squeeze the handle for instant shaved ice. The ice shaver is a timeless classic that can be kept out on the counter all year round, reminding you of warm-weather trips and celebrations with friends and family while giving you with the refreshing treat of shaved ice. Your new VIVOHOME ice shaver is not only made to endure, but it is also likely to be a hit at your next party, fundraiser, or school carnival.
- Size/Price: Small enough to fit in your RV for those summer camping trips.
- Quickly shaves ice.
- Any kind of ice will do the trick. This saves me the trouble of having to prepare a large quantity of uniformly shaped ice cube trays in advance for its usage.
- We utilize the ice for a wide variety of refreshments, not only Snow Cones, which are delicious. Shrimp cocktails, for example, would look stunning served above a bed of shaved ice.
- It’s not quite as smooth as Hawaiian ice because little fragments of ice fall through.
- There’s nowhere to put the water that pours out from the joint.
4. Paragon Classic Floss Cotton Candy Machine with Metal Bowl
If you are in a serious business making snow cones, then this snow cone model is perfect for you. This commercial quality snow cone machine is built from stainless steel and cast aluminum. This machine can plow through 500 pounds of ice per hour. Furthermore, it features additional backlighting on its serving compartments in order to attract customers’ attention.
- High-performance, heavy-duty head that doesn’t become clogged up like regular ribbon decorations.
- Heavy-duty generator Fast cotton candy service is ensured with a 1/12 HP motor running at 3450 RPM.
- Aluminum storage enclosure of professional grade.
- Material for the bubble’s roll top: tough polyester
- Equipment used by professional concessionaires, capable of producing 200 cones per hour, and controlled by expert controls that allow for flawless cotton candy to be made in any setting.
- A top-notch, commercial-grade machine.
- Hard to use for the first time
5. Nostalgia RSM602 Countertop Snow Cone Maker
Shaved ice may be used to make a variety of tasty and refreshing beverages that will help keep the party going. Ice cubes become delicious frozen delicacies the entire family will enjoy with the help of the stainless steel blades. Put ice cubes in the top, close the lid, and watch the snow shoot out. This fantastic countertop item has an ice storage bin for serving snow and a convenient cone shelf for making snow cones.
- Use it multiple times a week and it won’t break a sweat. That one worked longer than any of the others I’ve tried.
- Although loud, it does the job.
6. Portablast Snow Cone Machine
This snow cone machine maker offers functionality, quality, and speed. It is great for high-volume demands as it features a two-person service. Made of heavy-duty aluminized metal, it flawlessly grinds over 500 pounds of ice per hour. It also comes with an NSF-approved plastic ice tub and a cup dispenser.
- Quality snow cone maker designed for commercial use, ideal for use by two people serving a large crowd.
- Able to produce more than 500 lbs. per hour of shaved ice, either cubes or chunks.
- Use a clean towel to wipe off the tray and the floor below it.
- Durable aluminum alloy structure; powerful, low-speed (1,725) motor
- The ice tub is made of FDA-approved, easy-to-slide plastic and the product is made in the USA.
- Features a 22x17x16 inch footprint, weighs 45 pounds, and is guaranteed for three years.
- Useful, robust, and simple to use.
7. Paragon – Manufactured Fun Arctic Blast SNO Cone Machine for Professional Concessionaires Requiring Commercial Heavy Duty Snow Cone Equipment 1/3 Horse Power 792 Watts, Blue
This model is the original block-ice shaver that changed the landscape of the industry. The product of over 75 years of research, refinement, and continuing development, this machine vows to produce the finest shaved ice on the planet. The machine is welded with precision using stainless steel and aluminum castings. This snow cone maker is guaranteed to last a lifetime.
Produces 500 lbs. per hour of ice in cube or chunk form.
The actual measurements are 16″ wide, 14″ deep, and 24″ high.
Watts: 792 Motor speed: 1725 RPM (0.3 horse power).
Adapter, NEMA 5-15p
Outdoor or green space sports; lawn games
Cone maker that uses a powerful 1/3 horsepower, 1,725 rpm engine to create snow cones.
Cube or chunk ice at a rate of over 500 pounds per hour may be shaved using this machine. Power consumption: 635 watts 5.3 Amps 120 Volt
Cast-aluminum horns, pushers, and shaver heads of the highest quality
polycarbonate panels that can withstand impacts and have
visuals that grab attention
The ice is kept dry by a food-grade plastic pan that can be removed for cleaning.
- This tray’s plastic liner is soft and flexible, making it simple to remove and clean.
- The whole setup may be cleaned with little effort.
- It was well-protected and delivered on schedule.
- The drain hole on the metal frame does not correspond with the plastic bottom insert drain plug.
8. Paragon – Manufactured Fun Arctic Blast SNO Cone Machine for Professional Concessionaires Requiring Commercial Heavy Duty Snow Cone Equipment 1/3 Horse Power 792 Watts, Blue
Featuring Paragon’s signature, eye-catching design, this machine can help you increase impulse sales. It features a thick rotor-cast cabinet made of high-quality polyethylene to provide remarkable durability. It also has a tinted polycarbonate window, hence; the ice is protected from sunlight and heat.
- The robust roto-cast polyethylene cabinet that comes standard on all Paragon snow cone maker models ensures that your machine will last a very long time.
- This snow cone maker is easily portable since it has suitcase wheels.
- A serving scoop that’s tailor-made for snow cones is included.
- Guaranteed for a year
- Standardization Bodies: NSF, CSA, CE, and UL
- Made in the USA from domestic components
- Type of Sport: Grass-Based Competitions
- In addition to being striking, the igloo style is also quite distinctive.
- The foundation is nonslip thanks to the large rubber feet.
- The lockable knob is made of metal.
- It’s simple to shatter the glass/plexiglass sides. Dealing with the repair is a major hassle whether you are renting, borrowing, or the owner.
- Extremely acute angles are achieved by placing glass inside metal frames. When transporting the machine, I often poke myself in the arm and/or stomach due to its heft.
9. VEVOR 110V Commercial Ice Crusher
Take a look at our impressive snowball maker! Whenever you load it with shaved ice, the extra-thick PC storage box will maintain a consistent temperature throughout. Excellent for heavy users of shaved ice. To make shaved ice with no effort, just plug in the machine, flip on the switch, add ice cubes, and pull the lever. It is low-noise and requires little upkeep, making it ideal for use in public and private settings such as restaurants, bars, parties, homes, and more.
- It’s sturdy, and it produces excellent “snow” for your cone, just as a snowcone machine should.
10. DASH Shaved Ice Maker + Slushie Machine
Produce your own slushies, snow cones, frozen drinks, and more in the comfort of your own home. You have full control over the quality of the ingredients (sugar-free, organic, all-natural juice), making it safer and healthier for your loved ones. 40-inch-long extension cord.
Plug it in, fill it with standard ice cubes, shave some snow, add some of your favorite juice or syrup, and finish it up with some fruit. It’s so simple that even your kids could use it to make frozen cocktails, mocktails, and other drinks for a big group of people at a party.
The compact size of this set makes it ideal for use in a first apartment, a college dorm, or a mobile RV.
The compact design of a mandoline makes it an ideal present for a newlywed couple or a new homeowner, since it requires very little storage space.
The Safe Slice Mandoline includes a cleaning brush for the food catch container as well as a cookbook.
Having a dependable piece of snow cone machine is a great way to relive nostalgic memories at home with your family and friends. A handy snow cone maker designed for home use is a perfect device to enjoy the shaved ice delicacy anytime. If you are considering making snow cones a serious business, you can also rely on some of the industrial-grade machines mentioned. After all, aside from being a cool refreshment to ward off the summer heat, the snow cone business is also a cool way to earn big profits.