A Professional’s Guide of Top 10 Best Sewing Machine Reviews in 2022
Whether you are a professional seamstress or you find it worthwhile to tinker with sewing machines and quilters every once in a while, investing in a quality sewing machine should prove a prudent choice. There are many factors that should guide your quest for a professional-grade sewing machine.
The brand name counts for a lot as there are well-established sewing machine manufacturers who are synonymous with the best standards in the industry. Other factors should be the number of automated stitching patterns as well as the application for which the machine will be used for (quilting, general sewing or embroidery for instance). When all factors are considered though, the following ten reviews perfectly fit the billing of the best-selling sewing machines in 2022. Enjoy your shopping…
Top 10 Best Sewing Machine Reviews in 2022
1. SINGER | 7258 Sewing & Quilting Machine
When you consider how many extras come included with the SINGER Stylist 7258 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine, you’ll see what an incredible deal this really is. The sewing machine’s 100 preprogrammed stitches simplify a wide variety of sewing projects, including garment construction, household repairs, quilting, DIY projects, and heirloom preservation. It is built to last with a sturdy metal frame.
All of your stitch options, from length to breadth, are shown clearly and conveniently on the computerized sewing machine’s huge LCD screen. You may modify the stitch’s length and width to suit your needs and the requirements of your projects.
Other than the standard features found on most sewing machines, this one has a 6-segment feeding system, built-in reverse, horizontal threading, programmable needle up/down, electronic start/stop, an automatic bobbin winding clutch, an extra-high presser foot lifter, speed control, and automatic presser foot pressure control. The stitching surface of the SINGER Stylist 7258 Sewing Machine is brightly illuminated by two StayBright LED lights.
- Very sturdy construction
- As opposed to my mom’s 1970s singer, this one is a breeze to thread.
- Generally speaking, auto-tension works well.
- Lots of features, such needle down and speed adjustment
- The maximum number of possible stitches
- Stitch length may be changed quickly and easily.
- Quite a variety of feet, including a darning foot, are included.
- Has free-arm helpful for bags & sleeves
- Is hampered by excessive layers of clothing.
- 5.25-inch-long slender forearm.
2. Brother HC1850 Sewing and Quilting Machine
The Brother HC1850 is an excellent option for individuals looking for a flexible computerized sewing and quilting machine. This feature-packed and durable quilting and sewing machine is perfect for quilting, sewing, basic monogramming, and decorative stitching. The HC1850 has 130 different stitches and a sewing typeface for simple monogramming needs. Stitches for quilting, apparel, and heirlooms, in addition to eight other types of one-step, auto-size buttonholes.
The quilting and stitching processes are made much easier with the HC1850. It has 55 alphabetic stitches for simple monogramming, a flip-chart reference for the stitches right on the machine, 8 presser feet, a push-button stitch selector, variable speeds, an automatic threading system, a removable foot controller, and an exceptional feed system for sewing on virtually any fabric. This machine is equipped with characteristics that make it ideal for quilting, including as a broad, removable table, a spring action quilting foot, and the option to quilt in free motion.
The HC1850 is compact and easy to transport, making it ideal for use in the classroom. It has an easy-to-use push-button stitch selection on a large backlit LCD screen. The HC1850 is a cheap option that consistently produces high-quality stitches and has effortless top thread and bobbin threading. This machine is not suggested for use in countries that do not support 120V AC, even if a voltage adaptor is in use. This portable sewing and quilting machine includes an instructional DVD, a multilingual user handbook, a 25-year limited guarantee, and technical assistance for the life of the equipment.
- Incredibly reasonable price given the quality of the machine
- Put bobbin in drop (the best part)
- The digital display is quite intuitive.
- The self-threading needle is very fragile.
3. SINGER | MX60 Sewing Machine
Mechanical sewing machines are straightforward to operate and maintain, and they include manual controls that stand the test of time. Popular stitches are built in to handle simple sewing, home projects, adjustments and more.
The MX60 sewing machine is lightweight and portable, making this one a fantastic option for transporting to sewing class or for stitching in smaller places. Since the machine’s stitch length and breadth are already predetermined, anybody can pick it up and start using it right away. You may use a sewing machine to make clothes, quilts, crafts, and even minor repairs.
- Well worth the cost
- Budget-friendly costs
- Simple to stow
- A breeze to use
- A little amount of room exists to the right of the machine’s main body for the needle.
- dislikes the front loading of bobbins
- can’t figure out how to use the integrated needle threader
4. SINGER | SM024 Sewing Machine
Manual controls on mechanical sewing machines have stood the test of time, and the machines themselves are simple to use. Common stitches are preinstalled for ease of use with everyday sewing, household repairs, tailoring, and more.
The SINGER SM024 is a computerized sewing machine that eliminates the need for trial-and-error. You can find the proper stitch for every cloth with this machine’s 27 different stitches and 97 different stitch applications, making it the ideal choice for novices. For convenience, the machine front displays a list of available stitches.
- Excellent directions; more detail may be included, but more information is readily available online.
- Constructed to last. The comfort is appreciated when stitching.
- Easy to use, simple mechanism
- Number of Stitches Restricted to a Minimal Level
- More illumination is needed.
5. Michley Lil’ Sew & Sew LSS-505 Combo Mini Sewing Machine
The Michley LSS-505 Combo Mini Sewing Machine offers a combination of useful features well suited to the entry-level sewing machine user. As such, it is intuitive to operate and includes a variety of controls that can be customized in complexity as you become more competent in operating it. Its portable design, as well as lightweight structure, means it is just the right machine to invest in for your home’s stitching needs.
You can either use the handy foot pedal or hand switch to get it started. Other notable features include a drawer, thread cutter, foot pedal, adaptor, and thread bag all included when the machine ships to your address.
- Slim and light Reasonably priced
- Perfect for young people to pick up the basics of sewing.
- Perfect for those whose sewing needs are minimal.
- Definitely not for commercial use.
- Not able to stitch thick materials with numerous layers.
6. SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist 600-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
Equipped with an automatic needle threader and top drop-in bobbin system make for quick and easy set-up, the SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist is a professional grade sewing machine for the avid embroidery enthusiast. With its 600 inbuilt stitches and 13 buttonhole styles, you will never run out of fashionable ideas to use the machine. Moreover, with its stitch editing capabilities, you can control the exact look of a stitch pattern with elongation and mirror imaging.
The 9960 Quantum Stylist is also equipped with an electronic autopilot and speed control provides complete control of sewing speed making sewing difficult areas easier and error-free. With its 110-volt power connection, it is ready for use with the standard North American electrical settings.
- Price is great given the feature set; simple to navigate through stitch possibilities; instruction is decent, but implies the machine really functions better than it does.
- Conveniently simple! Cosmetically pleasing.
- Price is great considering the feature set; simple to explore through stitch possibilities; manual is helpful
- Extremely hard to thread properly from spool to needle
- Sometimes while I’m working on quilts and such, I’ll accidentally bump the buttons in the vertical row just next to the opening. Not a huge deal. The button must be clicked again.
7. Janome Purple Thunder Portable Sewing Machine
The Purple Thunder is one of the latest colorful series of automated sewing machines from Janome and brings the same sort of features you find on the full-sized Janome machines. The Purple thunder is both lightweight and portable but still offers you an interesting range of features including a top-loading drop-in bobbin and two needle positions.
Work without fatiguing yourself with Janome’s proven free arm sewing capability. The machine comes with ten automated stitch patterns allowing for the right mix of utility value and fun with embroidery patterns.
- Strong thread, appropriate tension, and a secure stitch
- Adorable tiny zigzag stitch
- Conducive to the needs of children
- Slightly too loud
- A bit slow
- Can’t seem to remove the children’s safety presser foot, so zippers
- Would be tricky to sew
8. Brother LS2125i Sewing Machine
This Brother machine is great for numerous daily sewing chores. Featuring a comprehensive variety of user-friendly features and a lightweight design, the Brother XM2701 is great for beginners who are starting to sew and more expert sewers who are searching for flexibility.
The automated one-step buttonholer on the Brother XM2701 sewing machine creates almost flawless buttonholes every time, and the machine’s 27 built-in stitches include blind hem, decorative, and quilting stitches. The XM2701 has been developed for simple usage, with 6 quick-change sewing feet, including buttonhole, zipper, zigzag, narrow hemmer, blind stitch, and button sewing feet. Users will love the convenience of stitching cuffs, sleeves, and pant legs with the built-in free arm.
Designed for a wide variety of users, the XM2701 also comes with a built-in simple needle threader, a jam-resistant Quick-Set top drop-in bobbin, and an automated bobbin winding mechanism. This reasonably priced Brother machine comes with a limited guarantee of 25 years and unlimited access to Brother’s online technical help.
- If you know how to operate a sewing machine, you’ll have no trouble with this one. It is necessary to refer to the pattern in order to learn the different stitches, therefore a novice may benefit from further explanation.
- A bobbin may be quickly loaded with thread.
- They were able to keep a low profile.
- There were a variety of needles, some of which included manual controls.
- Little is illuminated by the little bulb.
- I really hope an additional leaf is included or can be purchased for the table.
9. Magicfly Mini Sewing Machine
Easy to activate with a button or foot pedal, works with either an AC or DC power source or batteries, and is wireless (included). Quickly get started on your sewing projects
Stitching is reinforced by the use of double threads, and the need to tie off the thread is eliminated. There is a Speed button on the product to adjust the speed in “high” or “slow” according to your wants
Package contains 42 pieces sewing supplies – 36 pcs bobbins, 5 pcs needles, 1 threader, 1 pair of scissors, 1 tape measure, 1 extension table which makes the sewing machine more stable and operate better on big projects, and 1 portable bag
The machine has a threading direction to make threading simpler. Due to its simplified design, this item is ideal for the simplest of home sewing projects. Its compact size and single stitching type (fixed stitch width/length, no backstitch feature) make it ideal for beginners.
- The size is convenient for those with little storage space
- Simple, fast, and straightforward to get up and running
- Compatible with batteries in case of emergency.
- Simple features, lightweight, and easy portability make it ideal for first-timers.
- Not even a backstitch
- There’s no way to adjust the stitch length
- The difference between the two speeds is negligible.
- Fast paced and not conducive to learning.
10. Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine with 60 Built-In Stitches
If you are looking for a high-performance sewing machine with plenty of automated sewing patterns to boot, this Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine with 60 Built-In Stitches will fit the bill perfectly. To add to this impressive product profile, the sewing machine is also infinitely portable and user-friendly even for novice users to turn out pretty impressive fabric creations. It takes some believing to hear that the machine only costs a tiny fraction of the price tag emblazoned on many comparable top-end sewing machines.
With its conspicuous LCD display, tasks such as setting the current stitch are a push-button away. Designed specifically for pattering quilts and other large-sized projects, the CS6000i comes with an oversized table to give you the extra space you need to maneuver your project while you work.
- Portable (thanks to the sturdy case it comes in) high-quality (they were created in Germany) needles included (there are a total of ten of them)
- Really simple to assemble, thread (there’s a diagram showing the proper path for the thread to take around the machine; all you have to do is follow it, it’s truly dummy-proof!), replace accessories, etc.
- The most agonizing part of any project involving shirring (sewing using elastic thread)
- Thread tension problems, which I’ll discuss further down.
- Quite a bit of plastic in the apparatus (the bobbin winder is plastic, other models have metal, just little things)
- Inconveniently hidden bobbin casing
- More costly maintenance
As the above top 10 best sewing machine reviews serve to illustrate, you cannot afford to gamble in a poor-quality sewing machine. The ones represented in this review have passed the test of time with their unique design, high-quality construction as well as value for money. Investing in any of them comes with a guarantee of top performance for many years.
A comprehensive review of the top bestselling sewing machines in 2022.