As home implements go, not many homeowners consider a chainsaw as an essential tool to have in the garage. That is until a tree branch falls across the driveway in the storm and chopping it down proves such a challenge. However, chainsaws do not just come in handy when disasters strike. They are just as useful when you need to prune trees and bushes in the garden.
There are essentially two types of chainsaws; electric-powered and gas-powered ones. The following top 9 best chainsaw reviews feature 2023 products in both categories to afford you as much leeway as you would like in choosing the one perfectly suited for your home and yard cutting needs.
Top 9 Best Chainsaws in 2022 Reviews
1. Chain Saw, Electric, 16 in. Bar
Revitalize your garage tool collection with this WORX WG303.1 16-Inch Chain Saw. It is a 3.5 HP and 14.5-ampere electric powered chainsaw which is as powerful as any gas chainsaw. It is so ingeniously designed that the chain mechanism automatically prevents over-tightening and as such remains at just the right tension for dozens upon dozens of uses. In fact, the way the chainsaw is designed to work is so intuitive that you can install and tighten a replacement saw chain without having to resort to tools of any sort.
The chainsaw will also prove an effective tool to use even for long hours as the chain automatically lubricates to guarantee efficiency all the way. You are also guaranteed of unprecedented levels of safety with the chainsaw’s low kickback bar and safety chain stop.
- Strong cleaver
- Overload power failure (from research I did, other saws do not have this feature and can be easily damaged)
- Little in the way of upkeep is required
- No oil/gas mingling
- Long durations of disuse do not need winterization or fuel treatment.
- Therefore, there is no chance of stale gas clogging the engine.
- Therefore, there is no need to change the spark plug.
- There is no gasoline line that needs replacing.
- Doesn’t need a pull to get going
- It’s less practical than a gas saw since you have to plug it in.
- Restrictions apply; maximum bar length is 16 inches. A choice between 18″ and 20″ bars would be great.
2. Remington RM4618 Outlaw 46cc 2-Cycle 18-Inch Gas Powered Chainsaw
This chainsaw belongs to the same class of Poulan Pro chainsaws which are setting industry standards in terms of features and competitive pricing. To begin with, the Poulan Pro PP5020AV chainsaw comes with an effortless pull start system which vastly reduces the common vibrations which happen as the chainsaw is working. This in turn guarantees the operator longer periods of work before fatigue sets in.
The 50cc DuraLife engine which powers the Poulan Pro PP5020AV is powerful enough yet efficient to reduce fuel consumption to a bare minimum. Other notable design features include an aluminum “InchProfessional” clutch cover, a handy “Purge and Spring” assist feature, a SuperClean air filter system, and an automatic chain oiler so you don’t have to stop every few minutes to fix niggling little problems like a sticky chain.
- Getting going is a breeze.
- Heavy-duty motor.
- Easily sliced through heavier branches.
- The description claims that this chainsaw is lightweight, however our testing showed otherwise. Actually, it’s rather hefty, and it becomes much more cumbersome when you have to hold it up to your chest to prune a tree.
3. Chain Saw, Electric, 14 in. Bar
With its 14 ampere motor, this electric chainsaw is ready to take on any challenge that a gas-powered chainsaw would perform without noise or environmental pollution. The 16-inch bar and high-performance chain guarantee you a tool that will cut through logs and tree branches with effortless ease. As intuitively designed as the best chainsaws in the class, you will never have to bother about tools to adjust the tension on the chain.
This electric chainsaw from Earthwise Tools is also guaranteed to offer you the most efficient way of cutting through any wooden barrier with its automatic oiling feature. With a conspicuous oil window showing you just how much lubrication you have remaining, you do not have to worry about the chain getting ripped off without a warning.
- Prosper effectively.
- An elder McCollough was finickier from the get-go.
- It’s a lot less noisy than a gas saw.
- Heavier than a gas-powered saw.
4. Husqvarna 20 Inch 450 Rancher II Gas
Husqvarna chainsaws are known worldwide for their faultless performance and reliability even after long hours of heavy-duty use. This 18-inch chainsaw powered by a robust performance 50.2 cc engine is designed to provide the effectiveness of use whether on residential type irregularly spaced projects or for consistently regular commercial applications. The innovatively designed 3.2 horsepower low torque engine reduces the amount of environmentally harmful emissions while guaranteeing you high fuel efficiency.
The chainsaw’s LowVib vibration dampening technology is as good as it gets in the business while the Smart Start feature ensures effortless pull starts and consistent performance. Other notable features include a centrifugal air cleaning system, chain braking with inertia activation, and an easy-to-work snap-lock cylinder cover. What is more, when you purchase this Husqvarna chainsaw, you get 3 cans of Husqvarna pre-mix fuel. Moreover, when you register online, your consumer warranty will be extended from the basic 2 years to a premium 4 years.
- Tolerable weight.
- Power in spades.
- Simple to initiate (even after two years)
- Having a sturdy and pointed chain, it can make rapid work of its target.
- We take low vibration seriously.
- Chain wears down rapidly, and replacements might be hard to obtain at the hardware store.
5.CRAFTSMAN 41BY4216791 S165 42cc Full Crank 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
Our Gas-Powered Chainsaw features a 42cc full-crank, high-output engine to deliver steady power. The 16 in. low-kickback bar and chain go through even the toughest wood quickly and easily. It is equipped with Easy Start Technology for simpler pull starts to get the job done fast. The cushioned full-wrap handle and 3-point anti-vibration system makes this chainsaw balanced, maneuverable, and comfortable to operate. It features an adjustable automatic oiler, inertia-activated chain brake, and tool-free access to air filter and spark plug to enhance the design of the chainsaw. 2-cycle oil is included.
- Easy to start, fill with gasoline and chain/bar oil, and adjust the chain tension; it runs like a dream.
- Excellent slicing.
- Consisting of a lot of weight
5. Husqvarna 966997203 T435 Top Handle Saw, Mid Size, Orange
Robust in performance and ergonomically designed, this electric chainsaw provides yet another proof of just how well-rounded Poulan power home implements are. There is no medium wood cutting task around the home which this 3.5 horsepower chainsaw will not execute with plenty of effort to spare.
The 16-inch bar and chain guarantee you a chainsaw primed for versatile performance no matter the obstacles you have to cut your way through in the process. A tool-less chain tightening system is guaranteed that you have more hands-on experience as you operate the chainsaw in the yard. The lightweight design is enough to assure you of effective performance even if you have never before operated a chainsaw in your life.
- The chain’s tension may also be easily adjusted.
- A loop for attaching to a tool belt is useful at the top of a wall.
- Work well
- Despite repeated tightening and cleaning, the bar oiler often becomes untight.
6. Husqvarna 440E 16-Inch 40.9cc 2-Stoke X-Torq Gas Powered Chain Saw
This X-Torq engineered chainsaw from Husqvarna offers the same sort of all-around reliability and tool-less chain tensioning you have come to expect from the top chainsaw brand. The end result is a well-designed, functional chainsaw ready to take on any challenge with effortless ease. Once you grab the 440E chainsaw, you will be pleasantly surprised at the lightweight construction and all-around efficiency of its operation.
The ingeniously designed Husqvarna X-Torq engines are top performers and guarantee you low fuel consumption and even more greatly reduced emission levels. The Smart Start technology means this is a chainsaw ready to purr to life with minimal tugging. A handy fuel pump also contributes to the ease of the start operation with its auto-return stop switch. The overall design is a compliment to how well Husqvarna understands the needs and concerns of chainsaw operators.
- Excellent protection against vibration; I slashed for two hours nonstop with no discomfort on my fingers or wrists.
- Because of this hardy little fellow, cross-cutting is a breeze.
- It’s a great cutter.
- There is no indication of fuel ratio on the saw itself.
7.Cordless power chain saws
A 6-inch-diameter timber may be sawn in roughly 4 seconds (the specific value varies with the actual size and hardness of the wood).
Lithium-ion batteries with self-overload and temperature protection last far longer than standard batteries. This set includes two 21V lithium-ion batteries that can be removed and recharged.
Thanks to its lightweight design (0.7 kilos), compact form factor, ergonomic grip, and easy portability, this device allows for unrestricted movement and access to any and all locations. Perfect for the ladies and the senior citizens; you won’t get tired of using it.
Gives your tool extra power, torque, and runtime, which in turn reduces wear and tear and lengthens its useful life.
Three safeguards are in place to guarantee the tiny chainsaw’s reliability in terms of safety: 1Lock the switch to avoid accidental activation and keep your loved ones safe. The presence of 2baffles mitigates the issue of debris splash.
Contains eyewear to shield your spectacles from flying wood shavings.
- Everything about it is well executed.
- The saw’s carrying bag is roomy enough to house all of its included accessories.
- The blade has remarkable cutting capability.
- There is no user guide available in English. Everything about it is distinctly Chinese
8. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Chainsaw
One glance at this high-performance electric powered chainsaw from Black and Decker and you immediately realize that finding the words to describe it will be a test of ingenuity. Imposing and flawless functionality of design are fitting descriptions but go nowhere as far enough in bringing out the stupefying features and high-performance quality of this chainsaw. On a single charge, the chainsaw will have accumulated enough power to provide a total of 150 cuts without the need for a recharge.
At the heart of the chainsaw is a 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion battery. The battery is designed to offer a much longer lifespan and lengthier charge retention than your run-of-the-mill NiCad batteries. The chainsaw is good enough to cut through both soft and hardwoods with effortless ease. The saw band is big enough to cut through logs and branches with a diameter of up to 8 inches. The product is sold with a comprehensive 2-year warranty which also covers the battery and its Energy-Star compliant charger.
- Extremely tenuous
- Compatible with various B+D tools that use 20-volt Lithium-Ion batteries
- Superb control and effective chopping; no cables or gas required, just connect the chain bar and chain.
- After each cut, the manual oil button must be pressed extremely slowly (count from 1 to 3000). (overkill in MHO)
- The storage compartment’s chain lid rattled a little (really not an issue)
9.DEWALT 20V MAX* XR Chainsaw Kit
Your battery setup can do more with the help of our Cordless Chainsaw Kit. No gas means no cold starts, no fumes, no carburetor problems, and no maintenance for your chainsaw. Put it to work demolishing walls, trimming tree branches, or cutting beams. This cordless chainsaw can withstand many hours of use on the job site or in the great outdoors.
The little weight contributes to excellent maneuverability. The brushless motor technology used in it ensures an exceptionally long lifespan and a very extended runtime. Included in this package are a 5.0Ah 20V MAX* battery, a charger, and a protective hard case for your bar.
- The saw is quite manageable, and its use is straightforward.
- Oil spills while it’s upright in storage.
Choosing the right chainsaw can be a difficult task. There are many different brands and models to choose from, and it’s easy to get overwhelmed with all of your options. To make things easier for you, we’ve compiled this list of the top 10 best chainsaws in 2023 reviews. This way, you’ll know which ones will work well for what you need them for before making a purchase decision. Have any questions about our list? Let us know! We’re happy to answer any queries or provide more information on these products if needed.”
Visit our homepage to see more products: TOP 10 BEST REVIEWS