Her boyfriend has finally popped the question; it’s now time to celebrate this momentous occasion with some great engagement gift ideas. While is not traditionally required to buy an engagement gift for close friends and families, giving the joyful couple a small token points out that you support and care for them.
There is no specific amount to spend for an engagement gift and the happy couple will do with a well thought out inexpensive gift enough to surprise them in anticipation of their wedding day.
To help you select the perfect gift, here are the top 10 engagement gift ideas:
- 1 Top 10 Best Engagement Gift ideas for a couple
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 Out Top Picks
Top 10 Best Engagement Gift ideas for a couple
10. A Personalized Engagement Ornament
- Material: Glass
An engagement could be one of the happiest occasions a couple will commemorate and is certainly worth celebrating with a personalized engagement ornament.
Have a professional calligrapher inscribe the couple’s names at the center of the ornament and the engagement dates separated by little reds to create a remarkable keepsake to be treasured for many years to come.
Don’t forget to include a ribbon for easy hanging.
9. Couples Cooking Classes
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Neal Wilson (Actor)
- Neal Wilson (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
For the newly engaged couple, this can be a great activity. Not only will cooking help them get closer to each other, but the whole experience will help them get invaluable ideas for homemade meals.
Most cooking classes include hands-on instructions for making typically all courses of the meal not to mention that many chefs and teachers will equip their students with wine selection tips.
The bride and groom will love this engagement gift idea and might end up inviting you for dinner to sample their newly found cooking skills!
8. Wine Club Membership
- Best beer Kit for Beginners - Our beer kits are designed for the first-time brewer in mind Step-by-step instructions, simple ingredients and easy to use brewing equipment.
- Only Takes 30 Minutes of Your Time to Brew - Using our hopped Malt extract you can brew up a batch of beer in less than 30 minutes.
- Includes the Best Ingredients to Get Started - Brewing with Mr. Beer’s Hopped Malt Extracts are perfect for any brewer. It cuts down on time, reduces the risk of contamination, and helps create a more consistent beer every time.
- Comes with Everything You Need - Our beer Kit comes with everything you need to brew your first batch of beer. No need for additional large pots, strainers or brewing equipment. All you need is a Mr. Beer Kit, water and common kitchen items to get started.
- Ready to Drink in 3-4 Weeks - With our ingredients designed by Coopers Brewery, your beer will be done fermenting in 10-14 days and ready to drink 7-14 days later.
If the newly engaged couples love a good glass of wine, a membership to a wine club might sound like a great engagement gift idea. The good thing with this idea is that the couple will continue to have a good time in their first few months of marriage.
You can customize the gift to cater to their wine tastes, whether it is white, red, dessert wine, or a combination. Most wine clubs charge a monthly fee; therefore you can choose a membership that fits your budget.
Some of the most popular wine clubs charge relatively low monthly fees including the Discovery Tour Wine Club which charges per month.
7. Gift Cards
- Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire and carry no fees.
- Multiple gift card designs and denominations to choose from.
- Redeemable towards millions of items store-wide at Amazon.com or certain affiliated websites.
- Available for immediate delivery. Gift cards sent by email can be scheduled up to a year in advance.
- No returns and no refunds on Gift Cards.
This engagement gift idea allows the couple to use gift cards for specific stores, restaurants, or other services. Gift cards are great since the couple can use them when the cash flow is at its lowest.
Gifts cards are versatile as well and some can be used in multiple locations making them very convenient. You don’t have to spend a lot of money on these cards, just stick to the budget. The couple will be greatly impressed regardless of the face value of the gift card.
6. Keepsake Box
- Organize your home with a premium wooden storage and catchall box! The wood storage box features premium White Oak with a Cedar inlay, smooth 90 degree golden hinges, smell proof seal, and an eye-catching finish. Perfect for storing keepsakes and all sizes of mail! Hinges lock at 90 degrees so the lid remains open. This Premium Quality Stash Box will display beautifully anywhere in your home! Another high Quality Stash box only available from Blake & Lake!
- Sized right for your home or office space! Please see the following dimensions and photos to see if this is the correct box for your needs. Dimensions are 10.75” long, 8.” wide, and 5” tall. Inside dimensions are 9.75” long, 7” wide, and 4.5” tall. Designed to clear and make space on desks, countertops, drawers, bookshelves and more! Organize your collectibles!
- The fun and easy way to organize and de-clutter your home or work space! Also comes in Matte Black! Buy more to organize and add a touch of sophistication to your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and dining area! Add a touch of luxury to your countertop, desk, bookshelves, entry way table and more.
- Premium White Oak Wood with a Cedar Wood Inlay, expertly hand crafted with a light satin finish. Hinges lock at 90 degrees so the lid remains open. Classic understated design that will add sophistication and elegance to any room. The seal will keep moisture, dust, and other pollutants out of your box! All wood was sourced from eco friendly and sustainable sources.
- Give the Gift of Organization with a wooden storage box with lid by Blake and Lake. Comes with the Blake & Lake box which makes it perfect for gift giving and office gifts. Organize any space in your home or workspace!
Think of a skillfully engraved keepsake box made of a hand-crafted wooden box or sterling silver. The couple can use the keepsake box to store small mementos from the wedding.
Inscribe the couple’s initials and engagement dates on the lid to add flair and a personal touch. Other keepsake engagement gift ideas include boxes containing special a compartment for rings or a lid that holds the couple’s photo.
5. Gift Basket
- SUREST WAY TO MAKE ANYONE SMILE: whether they're meant as gifts for women or birthday gifts for men, Broadway Basketeers Thinking of You gift baskets are packed with surprises for anyone with a raging sweet tooth - Chocolate Covered Graham, Chocolate Pecan Caramels, Hazelnut Filled Puff Pastry, Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Amaretto Almonds, Pirouline Hazelnut Wafer Rolls, and much, more.
- SCRUMPTIOUS GIFT THAT WARMS EVERY HEART: this sweet and savory snack box can't wait to make someone's day as a Christmas Holiday gift basket, Father's/Mother's Day gift, housewarming gift, thank you surprise or a bereavement consolation. Let people you love know they're in your thoughts even though they may be far away.
- STYLISHLY PACKAGED: the Thinking of You gift basket comes beautifully packaged in an elegant wicker basket, letting you feast your eyes on the mountain of goodies at one glance; when your recipient is done enjoying the snacks, the wicker basket makes a chic and durable storage bin - a lasting reminder of your thoughtful gesture.
- OVER 20 YEARS OF SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS: we only offer the type of gift snack boxes that we'll enjoy ourselves - that could be one of the reasons why our customers come back to us time and again to send their joy, love and good thoughts to people who matter to them.
- PERSONALIZATION SIMPLIFIED: a personal note is a classy, heart-warming touch that completes a quality gift box. That's why we've made it effortless for you to include a customized message for the recipient.
Getting a perfect gift basket is not a daunting task considering the number of gift baskets on sale online and in departmental stores. Romantic gift baskets may include massage oils, cool music CDs, candles, or a food basket complete with cooking guides and starter kitchen appliances for those who love to cook.
Some gift baskets come with assorted wines, chocolates, and coffees. With the gift basket idea, you need to lay emphasis on the couple’s taste and preferences so that you can select the basket which best suits them.
4. Dinner Gift for Two Certificate
- Contains 4 plastic gift cards in your choice of design.
- Starbucks Cards redeemable at most SB locations
- It’s a great way to treat a friend. It’s a convenient way to pre-pay for your own regular purchases.
- Amazon.com Gift Cards cannot be used as a method of payment for this item.
- No returns and no refunds on gift cards.
A romantic dinner for two is always a welcome gift. Some research on the couple’s favorite restaurant or any other local restaurant with a good rating offering sumptuous food would come in handy.
Ensure that the value of the certificate caters to appetizers, the main course, dessert, and wine of glass for each. If you want to make it really special, arrange for a musician to serenade them with classical music.
Not only will this gift come as a great stress reliever but you can be sure the couple will remember you for a very long time.
3. Subscription to a Bridal Magazine
This is the perfect engagement gift idea if your bride and groom are planning for a longer engagement period. You can consider giving the couple a subscription to a bridal magazine if the engagement period is more than one year.
The bride will certainly enjoy reading stories of other brides-to-be and will be looking for tips to make her own wedding exceptional and unique. Some of the top bridal magazines like Elegant Bride go for an annual subscription fee of just
2. Something Blue or Something Old
- This fun anklet is made with beautiful Light Blue Crystal Pearls and Light Blue Round 4mm Genuine Crystal, and Liquid Sterling Silver.
- Comes in an adjustable average length of 8 1/2" to 10" in size, that includes the extender.
- Comes with the Card in the photo, a Box and Bow.
- If you require a different size, please contact seller.
There is a classic wedding adage that says “something old, something new, something blue and something borrowed” which can be very inspirational when it comes to engagement gift ideas. This is especially true for the elderly who are looking for a perfect opportunity to pass a treasured family possession that the couple can preserve.
This would be the most appropriate time to pass antique earrings or a pearl necklace that has been passed down through generations and you have always wanted your daughter to grace her wedding while adorning them.
Cash will always remain as one of the most popular and perhaps the best gift you can give to a newly engaged couple. There are endless things that the couple can do with cash. Most engaged couples are more than happy to receive cash as their anticipated wedding will most of the time require a large number of funds.
Cash can be used for the wedding, offsetting some debts, or even for the honeymoon. It is needless to say that giving cash is a lot easier than heading to the shopping mall to buy a gift.
With the holidays right around the corner, we’ve put together a list of 10 gifts that will give your partner an emotional boost and make them feel loved. Whether you want to do something really big or small for this year’s holiday season, here are some ideas to help stimulate those neurons in their brain! 1) A four-course dinner at one of their favorite restaurants 2) Tickets to see one of their favorite bands 3) Giving back – volunteering with kids 4) Buying them flowers 5) Cooking up a meal from scratch 6) Painting class 7) Surprise trip 8 ) Getting lost on purpose 9 ) Treating yourself too – spa day 10). Spending time just hanging out together doing what they enjoy most.
Visit our homepage to see more products: TOP 10 BEST REVIEWS