Top 10 Best Wi-Fi Routers For Small Business In 2022 Reviews
Wireless routers are important devices for a majority of business owners today. A router can help you have access to the Internet and have it shared to different machines in the office, of course from a central server. On the market, there are many types of WiFi routers to choose from. However, to buy only the high-performance models, these top 10 best Wi-Fi routers for small businesses in 2022 will offer you great options. Read on to find yours.
Best Wi-Fi Routers For Small Business
1. TRENDnet AC3200
TRENDnet is a reputed brand in the networking industry. His AC3200 Wi-Fi wireless router is among the best products for its powerful hardware. It utilizes a 1 GHz dual-core CPU for handling huge volumes of traffic, and it comes with a tri-band that translates into top speed and low pings. It features 6 wireless antennas for enhanced coverage as well as many security features making it viable for small businesses.
- The benefits include excellent range, reliability, and a breeze to set up right out of the box for the first time.
- Very highly recommended for anyone seeking a plug-and-play router. The networks have an already-encrypted AES key. The admin panel requires a login and password, etc.
- Settings for the router and how to install third-party firmware are not covered in the manual or on the included CD.
- Settings for the router and how to install third-party firmware are not covered in the manual or on the included CD.
2. D-Link AC1900
This is a rather small Wi-Fi router that is very powerful. it is an affordable model that features a dual-core CPU plus dual-band support. It can offer speeds of as high as 1900 Mbps, meaning there is plenty of bandwidth enough to be shared with several computers/laptops at your small business office. It features 2 USB ports for printers or network-attached storage and also comes with QoS support for allowing the admin to easily control the bandwidth allocations.
- Since I employ MAC filtering and didn’t want to have to re-enter my settings after the firmware upgrade, it was a major consideration for me. Older gadgets I owned needed fresh installations. And although it may not be to everyone’s taste, I like that the same set of MAC addresses may be utilized for both the 2.4 and 5GHz frequency ranges.
- I like that it’s simple to switch off all the lights in my bedroom. Instructions state “push this button” but it should read “hold this down until they go off” (even though that’s on the peel-off film). However, it is functional, and the power LED is included.
- In the short time I’ve owned it, not a single connected gadget has suddenly severed its connection.
- It seems like more things need a reboot (or a very lengthy wait) than they did on my previous routers, and the reset on this one is incredibly sluggish. I was hoping it would be quicker than my previous ones, but that hasn’t been the case. Yet, it need not be done constantly.
- Despite being considerably more difficult, I really preferred the UI on my earlier TP-Link. The reasoning for this one is easier, but it doesn’t seem as solid.
- As a whole, I’d say this is a decent router, especially considering the price. It looks like the main selling factor is the price, but at $140, I’m not sure I wouldn’t shop around a little more.
3. Netgear EX7000-100NAS
This is one of the models in the Nighthawk series which was designed to provide exceptional reliability as well as superb transfer rates. The model supports dual-band Wi-Fi and features a dual-core CPU for great, maximum support. Same as other great wireless routers, it features 5 LAN ports plus USB ports to take care of network-attached gadgets. It comes with three antennas for maximum coverage and other multiple advanced features plus security settings.
- My workplace, the site of much connection difficulties, is now inside my usable range.
- Simple set up. Incredibly simple connection.
- It was unable to get WPS set up to function.
- At a distance of around 25 feet from the antennas, I should be able to pick up a strong signal; however, this is not the case. It’s not a major deal, but it’s still really cool.
4. Asus RT-AC68U
the Asus RT-AC68U wireless router is a very innovative device in the Wi-Fi networking industry. It utilizes a new operating system (OS) and a dual-core processor which provides it with excellent uptime as well as superior reliability. It features three antennas plus 4 LAN ports and USB ports for more network devices. It is attractively priced, but making it more appealing is the fact that it is advertised as being 33 percent faster than the previous generations.
- I appreciate how it stands out from the standard black and white gadgets and appears like a futuristic spacecraft.
- The Use of Two Separate Frequencies both 2.4 and 5 GHz
- Simple interface/high quality of service
- It may be an add-on to your current setup.
- Lowest possible cost
- Inability to use USB devices
- Occupies more room in the office
5. TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router
Archer AX21 is compatible with VPN servers and clients (OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP over Ipsec).
Approved for Use on Humans: This smart home system is simple enough for novices. The Alexa interface is easy to set up.
Advanced Dual-Band WiFi 6 Router: The latest iteration of Wi-Fi (802.11ax) is capable of higher data transfer rates, larger data storage capacities, and less network congestion than its predecessors.
Modern 1.8 Gbps Transfer Rates: WiFi rates up to 1.8 Gbps will make streaming, gaming, downloading, and everything else go more smoothly and reliably (1200 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band)
Extend your network’s reach and connect additional gadgets: Wi-Fi 6 uses ground-breaking OFDMA technology to transmit more data to more devices at once.
Complete Protection: Archer AX1800’s Beamforming technology, four high-gain antennas, and cutting-edge front-end module (FEM) chipset provide exceptionally robust and dependable WiFi coverage, even for far-flung devices.
Compatible with any ISP, including but not limited to Comcast, Charter, AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, and so on.
If you want to connect to the internet (most ISPs need a modem).
- One SID AP may be used for both bands. There’s no need to change channels.
- UI interface is highly user friendly.
- When it’s up & running no bandwidth decrease.
- (ASUS) is better suited for advanced users.
- Reduced to 20% weekly use on average.
6. Peplink Balance 20 Dual-WAN Router
This is one router from a less known brand, but it is very effective. It was designed to be used inside and outside and features a solid enclosure for protecting it from vibrations, water, and extreme temperatures. It provides up to 300 Mbps of transfer speeds and supports wireless N standards. It also has security features, and features 2 reliable antennas to provide maximum coverage.
- Four of the LAN ports support gigabit speeds.
- With a simple graphical user interface, it’s easy for anybody to use.
- Splitting the load across two Internet service providers.
- Reasonable cost considering its usefulness.
- An outside metal shell.
- Updates to the device’s software need registration with the manufacturer (firmware, etc.).
- Even though it includes the necessary mounting holes for a rack, a rack mount is not included.
7. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900
It is another highly reliable and effective dual-band router featuring admirable design and offering reliable performance. It supports up to 1900 Mbps speed transfers and has a powerful dual-core CPU. It further features Beamforming+ for improving both the performance and the range of the router. It boasts three amplified antennas as well as loads of great security features.
- Assembling is a breeze. Progress in terms of the underlying technology has been steady.
- Once you’ve downloaded the Nighthawk app to your smartphone and registered your router through scanning its QR code, setting up your wireless network is a breeze.
- Every time I reset my router, I have to erase and re-add the “ReadyCLOUD” disk.
8. NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200
Also from NETGEAR, this Nighthawk X6 AC3200 model of the wireless router is among the most powerful models by this manufacturer. It is again their most sought after and topmost rated router for its 6 antennae set up and very smart features. With tri-band support and highly advanced technology boost the signal and its range. It further features Gigabit LAN ports and USB ports.
- Antennas. No further parts needed than antennas. Some of the available routers have a very rudimentary design and need manual connection. Makes you question whether or not it was installed correctly. Don’t sweat the little stuff while using X6. If you open it by flipping it, you can use it right away.
- To turn on or off an LED. I wonder how many people take the time to learn what the lights on their router mean. Not me; I would rather enter a configuration page. If you don’t want it to work, X6 allows you to disable it. The power indicator light (LED) will stay on regardless of the state of the power supply.
- Inoperative auto-updater. Netgear should provide the option of an automated update if one is available. Despite the fact that there is current firmware for X6 devices available on the Netgear support website, the automated update fails to detect it. My anticipation of a solution grows. While it seems to be working normally at the moment, I will not know for sure until a fresh patch is launched and the function is tested.
- The preferences page is clunky. What’s at stake here is User Experience. It is unclear which menu section has the desired option. Some of the terminology is also incorrect.
9. Peplink Pepwave Surf On-The-Go Wi-Fi Router (SUS-AGN1)
This is a great choice for small businesses with a tight budget. It’s dual-band models that feature Gigabit LAN and high transfer r rates over Wi-Fi that go as high as 1900 Mbps. It is available in 2 different colors and has multiple USB ports useful for network-attached gadgets/devices like printers of storage. The Asus RT-AC68W also features Asus AirRadar for improved signal and stability of this unit.
- Very little effort was required to get it up and running. It was as simple as connecting the ZTE hotspot via USB and an AC power source.
- The 5dbi antenna is effective for capturing wireless signals from campsite and hotspot networks.
- It is impossible to connect the modem when the wifi is active.
10. ASUS AC2900 WiFi Gaming Router
The ASUS RT-AC86U is a router that uses the newest 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology and a 1. 8GHz dual-core CPU to provide network speeds that will blow your mind. Maximize your online experience with game-boosting Adaptive Qu’s, gamers private network by Waist, and built-in network protection from Protection. Take control of your network from anywhere with the ASUS router app. Wi-Fi technology has 20/40/80 MHz bandwidth. Note: Whether you’re experiencing trouble joining a 5 GHz network, check to see if your wireless device has 5 GHz compatibility or dual Band capability.
- Throughout this 2,000 square foot home with a rock-solid, high-speed, wireless signal of over 500 Mbps and an ethernet connection of over 700 Mbps
- The first laptop-to-ethernet connection was unsuccessful (but 2nd attempt worked)
- Failure to complete iPhone app installation during setup. My next step is to contact IT support.
Small business enterprises do not require expensive gear for a simple Wi-Fi network connection. In many cases, the wireless connection is less used than the LAN. No matter the case the solution you put in place has to be reliable, secure, and stable, which is the reason the above reviewed top 10 best Wi-Fi routers for small businesses in 2022 are highly recommended—for they come with advanced hardware and features for commercial use.